May 20, 2009

All in a Days Work

Jensen learned to ride his bike today. When I say today, I mean literally I dropped him off at a friends house while I took Mia to the hospital, and when I returned I saw a kid ride his bike across the street. That kid happened to be mine! Although at first I didn't quite believe it because this morning he was showing me how he could peddle twice before touching his foot down. The Doutre family (my friends) must have had a little bike riding magic up their sleeves. One day...One day! I still can't believe it!

Jensen has been a huge fan of his sisters bike because it is smaller and it has training wheels. John and I usually shrugged our shoulders when we saw our boy flying down the street on a hot pink princess bike. Luckily his transformer bike helmet transformed him into a bike riding machine...boy bikes that is.

Check him out!

video

Oh- and a little disclaimer: He is obsessed with this shirt! The fabric is really soft and I keep trying to sneak it away because he has worn it forever and it is WAY to small. Nat, thanks for the addicting "my aunt rocks" shirt. He really does think you rock- and wants everyone else to know too!!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I had tears in my eyes. I so remember my boys first learning to ride. I cant wait to teach Melana (21mo old).

You must be one proud Mama!

Way to go Jensen!!!!!

PS... I love his name!

Knight Bliss said...

I recieved the email about the information that you needed for the class reunion and filled the info out and sent it to the email address. How many pictures do you need of my family for it? It will take me a little bit to gather some up then do I email them to the same address? My email address is taknight1@comcast.net. I think the bikes with the bannana seat that we learned on were much easier than the bikes they have today but way to go Jensen!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

i think he was wearing that shirt last time i saw him! how funny. once you get the hang of the bike it's a cinch! tell him congrats. you'll have to bring their bikes and come ride in our huge, smooth cul de sac!

Jennifer said...

I wish Keoni would have a little more desire to learn. He's already 6 and he's just fine with training wheels. I've tried to teach him, but he just says, "Maybe another day."

Jensen is a STUD!

Bown Bloggity Blog said...

Yeah Jense!, Ethan finally taught himself, because Ken and I got an "F" in teaching kids to ride bikes, oh well. Ethan taught Andrew and so on....

Shelley Eggett said...

Yay for Jensen - It's so nice when they finally figure it out. They enjoy riding a bike so much more and can go so much faster and so many more places.

Sarah said...

Way to go Jensen!! I think it will be at least another year before Anna's brave enough to let us take off the training wheels. I am so impressed!

Life with Kaishon said...

Isn't it just scary ridiculous how fast they grow? In the blink of an eye, they are all grown up! Great job riding his bycycle! My son took a while!

Photographer: Rebecca Pierce said...

What a big boy! That is awesome...when they are ready, they are just ready! He's such a fun kiddo...can he play tomorrow?