May 6, 2009

Cinco de Me Oh


John threw me a birthday bash over the weekend. Yes, I said birthday. I usually look forward to birthdays, but not this year. I have officially entered into my "late twenties" and there is nothing I can do about it. Last night I watched the clock change over to May 6th and then looked in the mirror only to find forehead wrinkles and crows feet. I didn't know that transitioning into my "elderly years" happened so immediately. I want my 27 year old face back! and I want it NOW!

So maybe being 28 won't be that bad. I suppose after the year I have had, I should be chomping at the bit to start a new year.

A few days before my last birthday we were given the news about Mia. I cannot believe it has been an entire year since the word "transplant" entered into our lives. That word has been the topic of a million conversations, many a blog, and countless dreams... good and bad. My last birthday was sad, very very sad. I had no idea what the future would hold for our little family, but I felt strongly that it would be completely different in a year. Here we are- 1 year later! Somehow that earth shattering news seems like small potatoes today. She is healthy, happy, and excruciatingly lovable.


Back to the birthday- it was fun! Daddy did a great job executing a great fiesta. He had help I'm sure ;-) We played win lose or draw, and had a pinata. A party without kids makes for some very creative pinata breaking. Watching a friend of ours trying to break the pinata "like a girl" was hilarious. I wish I had it on video- you would get a good laugh. The cake was delicious- Jaime Buddy is the cake maker extraordinaire.

The kids felt left out so they sang to me last night- it was quite cute. I think my favorite gift of so many great gifts(thanks everyone), was the gift Mia gave to me. She took 60 cc's yesterday!!! 60! woop woop. Now she just needs to take 110 more and we can say SAYONARA to el tubo.

Well, here's to my 28th year- I will embrace you, and promise to not complain about the number you represent. Bring it on 28!-hopefully my face doesn't completely fall off by the the time
I reach the big th... get two years older. I refuse to type it. There is probably something wrong with me, I am extremely resistant to aging. All of my friends who are already that age tell me how it's not that big of a deal. I know they're all lying! It's all over after 29+1, right?

*to my 29+1+ friends/sisters... in no way do I think that you are not fabulous, beautiful and "got it goin' on." I do... I really really do. Just to clarify :-)

14 comments:

MamabearMills said...

hey did you ever get the email with my daughter kissing the computer?

The Simmons Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I will be 29+1 later in June and I am so looking forward to it. Even if I AM sitting in a hospital room waiting for a heart with Owen. It'll be FANTABULOUS!!!

You husband is amazing to throw you a PARTY!!! Happy Cinco - De - ME - OH!

Andrea

Erin said...

I hear you about the 29+1. I am fine being 28, but I don't like what's coming in 2 years! Hope you had a great birthday! You are beautiful and I don't know what you're talking about- you haven't aged at ALL!

Brimaca said...

28 was weird for me too. It crossed some line I didn't even know I had. However, you look exactly as you did in high school. Lucky you!

I'm so glad things are so great with Mia. What a great present to you and to all of us.

♥..Kim said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like ya'll had a ball of a time! ;)

Steven and Whitney said...

Happy Birthday, Meems. I can always remember your birthday because of Cinco De Mayo. When did we get so old. . .2 more months and I'll be as old as you are!

Shelley Eggett said...

Happy Late Birthday Mimi!! I don't want to be the thir....word either. It sounds so stinking old.
You look better than ever so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

MamabearMills said...

Aww thanks for the repo love! I thought we were the only weird ones that like that guy! hahahha....did you go visit my other blog!? leave me some love PALEASE if you read it! i gotta show those other writers UP!!!

Sarah said...

Happy late birthday!!! I've been 28 for a couple months now, and it's not so bad :) You are so funny, I think you look as young and beautiful as ever! And I think being 30 will be fun, maybe I won't feel so funny about having 3 kids! :) John is a superstar for throwing you such a fabulous party, I only wish we could have been there to help you celebrate! :)

babyjane said...

Well...I just have to say that I know this year will be better than the last bittersweet year...but I have to admit that even though I didn't want to get older I have forever been waiting for 28! You will enjoy it...I PROMISE!

DAN and SARA said...

Happy birthday Mimi... welcome to the club! 28 was a big deal for me too. But now that I'm almost 28 1/2 (yikes!) I'm over it! You look fabulous, and you have so much going for yourself... I think you're amazing!

*JeSs* said...

Happy Belated birthday, Mimi. I feel the pain that you went through. Hopefully a year from now, I'll be feeling how you feel now. Take care and love Mia's chubby cheeks.

molly said...

OOOOHHHHHH Mimi, if only we could get wiser while our children remained the same age. That isn't how it works though, we get wiser together! Age is a beautiful thing:)

Princess Pookie said...

I meant to leave a cake on your doorstep with boobies on it to match the one you made John. 28...whatever!!:D