Jun 27, 2009

Day 4?


Mia is on Day 3 of eating on her OWN!!! YAY!!! Do we think she will make it to day 4? Close your eyes and say a little prayer that she keeps it out FOR GOOD.

Before she started the whole fever extravaganza she had been tubeless for three days. When she got sick she wanted nothing to do with the bottle. Now we are trying again. If she goes until tomorrow it will be 4 DAYS!!! It's funny how exciting something like getting your infant to eat can be. I pretty much feel like I've landed on the moon. She is doing awesome! She does take a large percentage of the volume while she is sleeping, but WHO CARES. She really gulps it down in her sleep, so I run with that. When she starts teething I will have to re-think that...not a big fan of giving my babies a bottle at night. I think it is hilarious that she will turn one and have ZERO teeth. It would be nice for her to cut some teeth because she is obsessed with mommy's food, but gags on the smallest morsel.

That's pretty much it! Just had to blog about our New Record... go Mia go!

Oh and yes, it's true- I am officially working for my man (although he calls me his partner). MOVE OVER Etsy I'm selling cars. Yes, you can fly here, get a car at the auction, VISIT ME, and drive it home. The auction is really fast paced- they run the cars through so quickly. I have seen some buyers get screaming deals...it's crazy!

Anyway- it's probably the last thing anyone who knows me thought I would be doing, but I'm doin it!

That about does it for new things at our house... Cars and eating.

13 comments:

LoPeZ FaMiLy said...

That's so awesome! Go Mia Go!!!!

The Simmons Family said...

Praying for Day 4, 5, 6 and FOREVER of eating so she'll never have that darn tube put back in. I am so thrilled!!

Owen has never been close to being able to survive a day without it, so when I see Mia doing it, I just SMILE!

Tammy and Chris said...

YAY for Mia!! She is so cute. I am glad I got to see her the other day!

Izabell said...

yeah!! go Mia go! hoping that you can stay tube free!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

yay for the eating and the cars! JD is hoping to sell his one of these days and use John to get a new one. I'm just reading this on monday so hopefully Mia has already hit day 4!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mia! Keeping fingers crossed that the tube stays out for good.

Haley whose 1st birthday will be on Wed. has no teeth either, my friend who is a dentist says she has seen kiddos not get their 1st teeth until they are 18 - 24 months. sigh..

Brimaca said...

Yay Princess!!!

Kelli said...

my 21 year old had a gtube and he gaged alot also. I think its because they dont use their tongues alot. BTW, he also threw up every time the dentist took pics of his teeth until about jr high. hehe Hope she keeps using her bottle. Have you also tried a cup just for fun and something new to her?

Shelley Eggett said...

Go Mia!! What a champ - I hope she keeps it up.

We'll have to get in touch when it comes time to buy a new car :)

Keeley said...

Hey. Thank for checking out our blog. Reed got his transplant on Jan. 19th after being born Nov. 12 and waiting in the NICU till his new heart arrived! He is doing great and we are so very thankful for each day with him and Braden. I totally understand how great it feels to have your baby eat!!! Mothers cannot understand how thankful they should be for their baby taking a bottle until they have had a child who didn't want one! I will pray that she keeps that ugly NG tube out!!!
Mia looks great and I am sure you guys are so thankful for that precious family that gave her such a gift!

Katie said...

Come on, Mia!!! Hoping you're on day 6 without that dang tube! She really doesn't need that thing on her face for her 1st birthday and what a gift it would be that she didn't need it anymore!!! Thinking of you guys lots and sending hugs your way :)

We come over for Maddie's appts. the end of July 28th/29th. Just thought I'd mention it so when you're scheduling for Mia, maybe it will work out we will be at Children's the same day!?!

Sarah said...

Hooray!! That's so awesome, I really hope she's been able to keep it up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed you guys can be tube free!!

♥..Kim said...

AW, she's adorable!