Jul 26, 2009

Backfire


I like to horse around with the kids, like all dads do. Mimi thinks I tow the line a little bit...it's possible the I haven't completely grown up myself I suppose. For quite some time Mimi has been telling me that some of my techniques will backfire on me. When I hollered to Jensen to fetch me a towel yesterday and he showed up with a small handtowel, I had to smile. I dried off with it and tried to be a good sport since he had done the same when I presented him with his handtowel the previous day. His little smirk on his face was priceless, payback. I actually get a kick out of it when he gets me back. On other occasions I am the recipiant of a very stealthy "wet-willy," oh and Jensen will lick his lips and give mimi a "wet kiss." The wet kiss is usually aimed at Mimi, which is nice becuase who wants to be supprised by a slobbery, cold and wet kiss.
The other night I was praying with the kids and Ellie had snuck behind me and snapped me with one of those kid flossers right on the back fat. You know the ones I am talking about, the plastic aligator flossers?? Well, they have perfected the snap technique. I have also been impressed with the kids teamwork skills. The other day Jensen came and distracted me (a decoy) so Ellie could launch an all out assault whilst I was anawares. It was impressive. Never have I been so bested by four and five year olds. There have been some habits that are undesireable though. When Mimi was gone staying with Mia at the Hospital, I let the kids sleep with me. Well, to be honest, I would scoop them up from their beds and put them in with me cuz it was kinda lonely. Now they think that they can come and go during the night as they please. I sleep very soundly, and enjoy a good snuggle so this is fine with me, but poor meems wakes up when a flee farts. I can sleep like a baby with Ellie crashed out directly on top of me, while Mimi can't sleep if you are touching her with your little toe. I think maybe the worst of all though is the bum smelling. You heard it right. It all started so innocently you see. I would pretend to be smelling a stinky diaper and yell, "Stinky!" and the kids would laugh and howl. Before you know it, the kids are sticking their nose right in everyones bum and filling their lungs while shouting how stinky it is. We have righted this problem, but every now and again there is a relapse and a bum is smelled. You can imagine how Mimi is a little miffed about this. But, I suppose I can attribute a few things to her. I think she can claim clogged toilets. There are a multitude of techniques that are employed to prevent successful flushage. Two techniques come to my mind as the most effective though. First, is to just unload insane amounts of toilet paper into the orrafice. The favored technique is to use the toilet multiple times without a single flush till dad gets home. This has proven to be a foolproof technique. It really is a good system, since dad can just make his plunging rounds each day after work. It's just part of life, like doing the dishes or taking the trash out.

8 comments:

John Boy said...

Just kidding meems, you always flush...

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

hahaha!

Carrie Hellewell said...

I love to hear from you John! I agree, kids are funny. The bum smelling is hysterical! We fell into the same trap with Roxie. I made a habit of always pinching her bare bottom when she gets out of the tub and she loves it. Seems innocent enough but she'll oft times pull down her pants when we're not at home and request a bottom pinching. We've had to have a few talks about that since.

Erin said...

Hahaha! You sound JUST like my husband!

Beth said...

okay, John, you always make me laugh, and you did it again with this post. Hilarious!! I could just see you telling the story.

Road rash, poor girl.

Delivery girl, what a doll!

Birthday, too bad I wasn't in the sister-in-law picture. I loved the picture of Ellie and Roo. They are truly bosom buddies. Roo has been asking for Ellie, so I think we need her to come over very, very soon!!
By the way, the photo shoot that Heather and Deana gave to Mia was also from me. Heather gave us the card to sign and Deana got a hold of it and it is history from there. :)
Love you guys!

MamabearMills said...

http://savinglittlehearts.com/shopping.html PLEASE go there and submit Mimi for a month in the Saving Little Hearts calendar! She is too darn cute not to at least be submitted! (thought you'd like to know about it)

Kelli said...

I am sitting up at the UofW hospital with my son Kyler, hes getting some IV antirejection meds, its an out patient thing so there are two others in this room. I busted up laughing at this post. Thanks I needed it about now. stinking bum. hahahhahh

PS It sounds like Mimi and I sleep about the same and you and my husband sleep about the same. so unfair

Photographer: Rebecca Pierce said...

You had me laughing on this post. Good one.