Jul 31, 2009

Check IT

Picture 23 019

Mia is doing GREAT!!!

We went to her appointment and the word I kept hearing to describe Mia was FABULOUS. Her echo was FABULOUS, she looked FABULOUS, and her numbers for the most part were FABULOUS.

The most exciting part of the visit besides dropping off some m&m's with Mia's face on it to all of her nurses, was the fact that she gained weight! HALLELUJAH! That pretty much gives me the green light to keep doing what I'm doing with her feeds. The nutritionist gave me a list of high calorie foods to feed her. It's safe to say that I really like all the food on that list. Yesterday I put whipping cream in her bottle...mmmm...whipping cream! She LOVES avocados, and creamy soups.

Her potassium level was high and her white blood cells where still low, so we were able to drop another drug!!!

Now she is only on her rejection drugs and Dapsone! LIFE IS SO GREAT! I realize that I am over using exclamation points...apologies. We almost got rid of the Dapsone until the doc realized she needs it until twelve months post transplant and not 12 years old. So hopefully in November she will only have her anti-rejection medication.

When we left the hospital we met up with Katie and Maddie and Katie's momma who is GREAT! She made Mia a quilt when we were in the ICU- it is her cupcake quilt and we love it! Someday we are going to have a girls weekend and "nannie" is gonna watch all the heart girls while we go relax!! That will be a good day! For now we will keep meeting up on clinic day- it was great to see you guys...hopefully you survived the heat!

Mia's little owie is all healed up- and she is doing something different everyday it seems (besides falling on her face). Her newest hobby (one that I am not so crazy about) is hair pulling. She will be crawling in no time with the arm strength she has acquired from pulling on my hair. She pulls on Ellie's too, but it doesn't faze her in the slightest. Elvis doesn't feel pain and never has- it's bizarre.

She is now a three word baby, "mama", "dat" (dad), and "ba-ba" She's quite chatty and still the biggest flirt- especially with hospital personnel. The other day John said, "Mia is always looking for an excuse to smile!" It is so true. She really is ready to smile at just about anything. It's darling and I want to freeze her in time before we have to tickle her and work to get those smiles. She has received a lot of mail box love from many of her fans. Mia is so spoiled! I suppose she deserves it for now anyway :-) Thank you so much for the amazing gifts that have been sent to her for her birthday- We are so touched and so thankful!

Just curious if anyone has used this product before? The Germinator is one of the products in the BabyGanics line that I hear calling my name. It is Alcohol Free!!! They use Benzalkonium Chloride as the germ killing agent. Now that Mia wants her hands on EVERYTHING- I'm doing a little research. If you've tried this out or any of the household products let me know what you think.

Oh, and just to set the record straight--- I FLUSH THE TOILET! John likes to mess with me, and I guess that is what I get for giving him access to this blog. I did however veto his last "baby moma" post... he didn't know what that means. Bless his heart. It had to go- hopefully none of you read it before I found out he had posted it. Despite his anniversary post blunder he did do something super sweet for our anniversary. Pictures coming soon.

15 comments:

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

i absolutely love that picture of your kiddos! such wonderful news to hear she is doing so fabulous! sorry, i did read the baby mama post and i thought it was cute!

Sarah said...

Yay!!! That's such wonderful news! And it's fun to have some posts from John, he makes me laugh for sure. He said you didn't flush the toilet? I'm sorry I missed that post! haha. Also, such an adorable picture of your kids!!

Izabell said...

i thought I saw you guys walk into card on wed! we where at othro! I wanted to say hello but of course our pager buzzed also! Glad that you got good news always the best kind! !!

the beezer said...

YEA...for MIA!!! I wish I needed high calorie foods, I have to say I am a tad bit jealous.

Talia said...

I am so excited to hear how well Miss Mia is doing. We are currently looking into dates to come down. Looksl ike it will be the end of August or beginning of September. I can't wait to get the girlies together

The Andersens said...

we use that sanitzier as well! we love it. partly because we always sanitize her binkis when she drops them in public places or on the floor or anywhere for that matter...and its nice to know we're not giving her teeny doses of alcohol throughout the day. haha
mia is so so so adorable. thanks for posting so regularly and letting us all see what a cutie she is!

The Heaps Family said...

Mimi, I'm so glad that Mia is doing so well...such wonderful news.

I can always count on your blog for a good laugh as well, I was laughing so hard at your hubby's post. I'm still laughing.

♥Kim said...

Praise the Lord! That is such WONDERFUL news!!!! I am so glad God has blessed you all & things are doing great with baby Mia!

Rebecca said...

Totally in love with that photo! So, so glad to hear that Mia is doing great! (Her diet sounds pretty yummy to me, too!) I have a friend who puts flavored coffee creamer like coffeemates in her daughter's milk. I thought that was so funny! Oh, the things we do to keep our babies eating & happy! :)
Love to y'all~ Rebecca

Katie said...

It was so great to see you and Mia. You always make my day :)

I'm so glad Mia's appointment went well and things are going great in the post-transplant department.

LOVE the pics of your kiddos, they're so adorable. Glad the backpack was purchased...the countdown (and mommy tears) have really began now! We do have lots of fun to look forward to though :) Have a great week!

Carrie Hellewell said...

I'm sooo happy that she is doing good! So great that things are going better. Here's to better days! I remember a while ago when I was having a hard time with Peter and you said "chant in your head, Summer, Summer, Summer". Hasn't Summer been grand?!

angela said...

i love the picture! especially mia's cute face. glad for the good news.

Erin said...

I LOVE the picture of Mimi and the kids! So cute

Photographer: Rebecca Pierce said...

Mia is the most delightful smiler I know! I'm so glad she's doing so well, and I wish Ellie's face was sharp in that pic, because it is the cutest picture I have ever seen of the three of them together. DARLING.

P.S. You'll have to show me the cupcake quilt. I remember a blanket, but no quilt. I bet it is super cute! Just messing.

Linda said...

Aren't those "fabulous" clinic visits wonderful? We got the same thing at Gabby's last one. The word that Dr. Lewin used was "superstar." That's my Gabby girl.