Jul 15, 2009

Get Ready to SCROLL

Picture 21 253

She's 1!!! She maybe toothless, and a tad on the not going anywhere anytime soon plan... BUT SHE'S 1! I am enamored by this baby... she is the happiest little thing!

The Birthday girl had a wonderful day. She slept in until 9, ate as much whipped topping as she wanted, decided not to nap, and celebrated her birthday with so many who love her.

It was the perfect party! I had been looking forward to this day for over a year. There is too much to say (so I'll spare you) about the emotion of the day...it was overwhelming.

A huge thank you to my parents, and to uncle Rye and Megan for taking pictures, to Beebs, Annalisa, and Laurie for all their help, and the decorating crew (those pesky polka dots), and to everyone who brought food- it was nummy num!

I couldn't be more pleased with her party- I loved it!!! I am sad that Mia's heart sister who was on her way had to turn back due to illness- we missed you Maddie and Katie, but 2 will be here before we know it.

There are a lot of pictures I didn't make happen, (like Mia with her heart buddy Luke) but here are some pictures that pretty much sum up the party.


Picture 21 227

Birthday girl with her daddy and Grandma

Picture 21 069

Birthday girl with her momma, "Nana", and "Papa"

Picture 21 235

The party girls Ellie and Karissa-

Picture 21 214

Birthday girl with her momma opening her gifts. She loved the tissue paper, and just wanted it in her mouth! She received many lovely gifts including a lot of books, (she loooves books) this one is from her heart buddy and cousin Gav.

Picture 21 178

Three of the six sister in laws that were there, and the above mentioned Gav

Picture 21 341

Getting ready for my birthday wish

Picture 21 343

Not a big fan of a large group of people singing to me

Picture 21 350

Ok, the singing stopped- now, I can dig in

Picture 21 347

The older sister

Picture 21 159

A little bottle action..still not taking enough while I'm awake.

Picture 21 174

The last piece of the yummy cake

Picture 21 167

The party Favors

Picture 21 165

The passer-outer

Picture 21 325

Wagon Rides


Thank you to everyone who came, and for the wonderful gifts! Also, thanks to our online friends who left her some birthday wishes.

18 comments:

Janet said...

I have been following your blog for a while and am sooooo very happy and proud for you all! Bless her little heart and congratulations. The party looked like a whole heap of fun! Sending extra special hugs and kisses from South Africa! xxx

Brimaca said...

What a great party for an amazing little girl! That top pic is awesome!

Kelli said...

what a beautiful day for a beautiful family!

The Simmons Family said...

So ADORABLE, I love all the pictures. Isn't the first birthday so emotional when you know how much they overcame to get to that birthday. I spent the entire morning in tears on Owen's first. I'm sure two won't be any less emotional either :).

Glad the polka-dot birthday was a success!!

The Curleys said...

Looks like a very fun event with family and friends. Thats great you were able to get this far even with all the challenges but were grateful to have little MIA around and the stories and experiences you share uplift us all. Happy Birthday Mia.

♥Kim said...

Just looking at the photos of Mia made me a bit teary eyed! What a seet baby girl! I'm so glad that she had a wonderful time at her B-day party! Now this makes me even more impatient bc my lil guy will be one in August! Tear, sad when our babies grow up! :)
Happy Birthday Mia! ♥

Erin said...

What a perfect polka dot party for a precious little princess! Looks like you had a fun day, the pictures are beautiful. Happy Birthday Mia!

Shelley Eggett said...

Looks like a perfect party for a perfect little baby girl - I wish I could have been there.

LoPeZ FaMiLy said...

Happy 1st Birthday sweet Mia

Carrie Hellewell said...

Love all the pictures! I'm so glad that she had a wonderful first of many birthdays. And I'm sorry to hear that the news is not so great with you. Keep it up Meems. You're a good mom and friend. We're always thinking of you guys and praying for you. Love you all!

the beezer said...

Happy happy first birthday Mia...the first of many, many more!!! And just a P.S. Meems you look like you haven't aged one day since high school!!! NO FAIR!!

Sarah said...

I love the pictures! Such a beautiful girl with a such a beautiful mama! Mimi, you are gorgeous. I swear you haven't changed a bit! I'm glad it was such a wonderful day. I only wish we could have been there to join in the celebrating! :)

Katie said...

Love the pictures...looked like such a fun time. I'm so bummed we missed it too, next time!!! Mia is a precious doll as always :) Love that girl!!!

Rachel said...

These are really great photos. I loved the party and was so happy to be celebrating Mia!! She's a doll.

Stephanie M Larsen said...

Wow you look so much like your mom, Mimi! A compliment for sure, hey! It's funny how many people love this little girl who have never met her or your fam. My family and friends keep up with her, and I do too. Just reading about her birthday and how much you love her, makes me teary like always when I'm on your blog. Happy Birthday Mia, you sure are loved.

MamabearMills said...

omg how cute are ALL those photos?!?!??! she is a spitting image of her daddy! way cute!

Maria said...

Wow... little Mia is one! That was a huge year for you, your family, friends, and especially little Mia. Love all your pictures and the polka-dot theme... so cute. You got a new camera! I can tell with all the great pics... looks like fun!

Erin said...

What a great day for your family! She looks so beautiful Mimi. Hope her day was perfect!