Sep 30, 2009

Stalling


This is a stalling post. I am stalling because I am too far behind. I'm in over my head and I can't catch up. What is it about the fall that makes everything speed up and get completely crazy?

I love this picture!! It's not very often that there is a picture that I know I will cherish for years. This is that picture. She is tube free, pain free, and she's one blue eyed creature that I am in love with.

Mia is still army crawling, and is in no hurry to travel in any other way. Out of nowhere she is chowing down on food that previously gagged her, AND she can sing her abc's- HA! Just making sure you were paying attention. She does have a few new words, "ba bye," "Ugh" for uh-oh and "gut'n" we don't know what that means- but it's cute.

She Just finally learned to clap!! Usually babies just pick it up- yes, yes, but I have been determined for months to get her to clap. I am not exaggerating. I clap for everything... maybe that is why it took so long. We play Pat-a-cake all the time and still nothing. In fact, when I would let go and continue to cheer she reverted right back to Ole'. I think I mentioned this... the crazy flailing of one arm while the other is held above her head. Now she can clap- I'm so proud :-)

Tomorrow I find out if she has reached 20 lbs... wish me luck!

The hospital called and scheduled her cath. I know she needs it done, but I just don't think I'm ready to hand her back. I have been trying not to think about it because it stresses me out. It's not that big of a deal... right? My goal is to not worry about it until we're closer to the date... I've never been very good at goals.

I have a lot of questions, but don't really want to know the answers yet. It's funny but she has already had one, and I've had one, but now that we have been home and she is our little crazy maniac I am terrified of any more sedation or procedures, or biopsies.

Do you remember the first time we were on the floor with Mia and I was daydreaming about just running out of the door with her? I wondered if security would chase me down? We were about to go home- in case you didn't read that and were thinking I was crazy. I have that same feeling when I think about her cath- can't I just keep her home?

Alright alright, I'll say it. I am terrified of.... blood clots.... there I said it. We know she already had a larger one from her first cath- remember the stroke scare? I am sure everything will be fine! I know I am not in control. I will post about it again when we get closer to the date. It is in November.

18 comments:

Barbiemat said...

She is so cute! You are still beautiful as ever.

{ Noelle } said...

Mimi,
I saw you guys at church the other day and saw Mia for the first time. She is SOOooo cute. We were sitting a few rows back, she was smiling at everybody. Sure made my day. Crazy to think it's already been 1 year!! YAY!! congrats.

~Noelle~

Kim Allgood said...

Mimi, she is absolutely adorable. You both are. Congratulations on a healthy baby that is home and tube free! That picture should be on a commercial for the church. You guys are just perfect.

Summer Carlile said...

We are praying for you guys, you both look beautiful in the picture.

Brimaca said...

You guys took more than your fair share of beauty. SHeesh. Gorgeous.

When the date gets closer let us know and we'll pray pray pray.

Love ya!

jayna said...

I struggle with the control thing too. Like "Heavenly Father please bless my kids...." when I really mean "Don't you dare let anything bad happen to them..." I'm learning (slowly) that I'm not in charge. And as my mother-in-law says, "being afraid is no way to live life." I tell myself that all the time. I know you have more reason than the average mom to be afraid- I don't know how you do it- but it's impressive. Just wanted you to know I thought that.

Go Mia Go! Nothings stopping that little bundle now!

The Hands said...

I know exactly how you feel. Its so easy to get scared again once you're home and enjoying "normal" life. But remember that Mia is bigger and healthier now than ever before. This makes a big difference in the outcomes. Take care.
Angie

Jen said...

Zoe has hers in November as well. I still get nervous and HATE handing her over but we do what we have to do.

Kevin and Andrea said...

Yay Yay Yay for Mia!! Look at all that she is accomplishing!! She is just too cute. And I would cherish that picture if I were you too!!

Rachel Hudgins said...

Love the picture! You both are beautiful. I'll slip you some of J's blod thinners for the Nov appt :)

Talia said...

She is so cute! I just know she will be 20 lbs tomorrow!!! And if you need me and Fia to come and keep you company when Mia gets her cath, I totally woudl come down!!

Katie said...

What an awesome picture...so, so beautiful!!! I'll be thinking and praying for you as this cath creeps up. It does suck. I totally agree...I'm sure Miss Mia will do totally fantastic and getting it over with will probably be a huge relief. Love and hugs to you!!!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

You guys are gorgeous! That is definitely a picture to cherish. I know it's hard not to worry about the cath but just rmemeber Mia is a fighter and she will get through this just like everything else!

I'm sorry, I'm totally lame and haven't called you ...although come to think of it I think you owe me a phone call back! :) I keep thinking of you though!

dan & sara said...

Good luck Mimi, please keep us posted and we'll keep you in our prayers. You girls are so pretty! I love the pic...!

Erin said...

I love that picture to. I am so happy for you and how things have turned out for the best with Mia. She is such a perfect little girl

Shelley Eggett said...

I love that picture too, oh I could just eat her.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ycufojykyv.virtue.nu/yjolyz.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ilokowubi.kogaryu.com/wyjupon.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money