Sep 12, 2009

Utah Take ONE

item5

Thing ONE- Check out the hair on this girl. Mia loved her first vacation. The drive there was a beast, but we made it and no illness to speak of. As you can tell from this picture that Mia is quite the little ham. Her new nickname is "spaz"- because she goes a mile a minutes. No, she is not crawling yet, but if there were a prize for crawling minus the coordination she would earn it. Her arms go, her legs just don't quite follow. She pulls herself to a stand and will stand for a long time. Her favorite exercise is what we call "O'le" She raises one hand above her head palm up, then pats her tummy with the other hand. It is hilarious and we don't know where it came from, but she'll do it on demand. Her personality is so much fun and she is already our little jokester. When we ask her where a nose is... she will reach out with her index finger then right before touching someones noes she will pull it back quickly and just laugh and laugh. We love her!

Picture 8 5237

Grandpa was hard at work and the kids were not far behind. Chores have never been so exciting!

Picture 8 5367

Close to my sisters house is a fun little splash park. Ellie made some friends, and Mia could live in the water- she loves it.

Picture 8 5385

Little cousin Abbicus/Abbs/Abracadabra She is darling, yes?

Picture 8 5219

The "Zipper" club. When my dad first told me he was joining me in the "zipper" club we were on our way to school and I thought, "ok, sure dad, the zipper club- whatever floats your boat." I had no idea what he meant, and didn't give it much attention until it was brought to my attention again. Both my daddy and I have had the Ross procedure- you add a sweet little baby with an angel heart and voila- ZIPPER CLUB. More Z club pictures to come.

item


Mom to Abbs, and my older sis Raegan. Our time was too short- and let's be honest we were getting ready for the reunion most of the time I was there! I took all of about five pictures- some of these picture are compliments of the Sellers. Suzie's sweet baby Sydney was blessed while we were there- again, pictures to come.

Yes, that is a heart monitor- and no it does not shock me. Ever since the news about my heart I have been experiencing some chest pain. I am no stranger to chest pain, but for some reason it just hurts more and longer. It's a funny thing, that human nature. I feel like now that I've been "diagnosed" my little heart is thinking... "now that you mention it- I am going to poop out." Maybe I am just more aware of the pain now that it has been brought to my attention- who knows. It is the culprit for why I am really behind in my blogging. Birthday, blessing, reunion, camp-outs, and first day of kindergarten all waiting in the wings.

10 comments:

jayna said...

Um, seriously! Mia has more hair than a muppet..cut some off and I'll make a weave for Lila.

p.s. Mimi, you ROCK the zipper club!

Erin said...

I CAN NOT believe I missed meeting that sweet little Mia!!! She is SO cute and I love her little personality... I hope I get to meet her and see you soon. Will you be in Utah for Thanksgiving, by chance?

Hope you are feeling good and trying to rest that amazing little heart of yours. Maybe now that the reunion is over you can focus more on that, huh? BTW I've heard it was a blast and everyone said you did a fabulous job! Just as I suspected! :)

I can't wait to see more pics from your trip.

Brimaca said...

Mia is soooo cute! I LOVE her hair. And I also can't wait to see pics. Wish I coulda been there.

Praying for your heart to heal.

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

your family is all so cute. hang in there with your heart and call me if you need help so you can rest please! love ya all.

Shelley Eggett said...

Oh my goodness I love her little scrunchy nose face. You are beautiful Mimi, and how cool that you belong to a zipper club. I don't think I belong to any clubs, atleast none that I'm aware of :)

Talia said...

The picture of Miss Mees is absolutely adorable! She is getting so big!!

The Hands said...

Hi,I'm one of Katie's friends and have been following you blog for sometime. She told me that Mia was a 3rd generation CHD and that both you and your dad had a bi-cuspid aortic valve. My daughter and I do also. I'd like to chat a little about it with you. Could you email me if you get a chance? I know three little ones can make for one busy mom...I've got three with one on the way. My e-mail is tahand@hotmail.com
Angie

Erin said...

Okay, Mia's hair looks so cute in that picture!! I can't believe how much she is changing.

It sounds like you guys had a great trip!

Steven and Whitney said...

Mia has gotten so big--super cute! You look great. I also heard the reunion was a success. Wish I could have been there.

Photographer: Rebecca Pierce said...

Cutest pics of your trip. I can't stand how cute Mia is out playing in the water! I love the pic of the kids working with your pops.