Dec 13, 2009

Santa Train and Soggie Christmas

The Santa Train 2009

2009-12-16 078


Hello there Santa Claus!

2009-12-16 005


Mia, Santa- Santa, Mia. She is such a friendly little creature. I think Santa will bring her a little extra something for all of her adorable flirting.

2009-12-16 039

Ellie, Santa- Santa Ellie. According to daddy Ellie gets a present taken away almost every day. He has Santa on speed dial, and boy does she whip into action when he threatens to call him. So mean! I do find myself conveniently singing "Santa Claus is coming to town." Works every time! She wins the prize for big sister of the year because of her undying devotion to Mia. Now if only Mia and her parents appreciated that helpfulness. I'm thinking in a few months when there is a fresh baby around Mia will get some long awaited peace and quiet.

2009-12-16 014

Jensen, Santa- Santa, Jensen. This kid is definitely on the nice list. Are all first born's all so eager to please and easy going? I have thoroughly enjoyed preparing for his Christmas. He is so sweet and so animated about Christmas.

2009-12-16 108


Waiting patiently for the Santa Train. With their hands full holding onto Mia... who is going to hold the newbie?

2009-12-16 023


Creating more candy cane weapons

2009-12-16 114

Nothing to say... just a soon to be big brother of "Ned." He is trying to convince me that the baby's name is Jack.

2009-12-16 112

Always ready to pose! How do I take the pose out of this girl?


2009-12-16 132


If only I could get this girl to smile in any of her pictures!!!



Garage Flood 2009

2009-12-16 087


When we arrived home form the Santa Train our neighbor flagged us down in the street and told us that one of our pipes had burst. Having friends living in a hotel due to broken pipes I knew this was not good news. When we pulled into our drive way, there was water gushing out from underneath the garage. Mia was asleep and my priority was to get her to her crib even if I had to wade through water. Luckily when I walked in the door everything was just how we left it. John rushed to the garage and saw where the water was streaming out of the wall. He took down some sheet rock and found the pesky pipe that had caused such a pool in our driveway. The great news is that our drive way has a drain and the water that came rushing out for who knows how long, was going into that drain. Unfortunately there were bags full of Christmas gifts that were supposed to be in the attic, but were thrown in there a week ago and forgotten about.


2009-12-16 083

Jense being the helpful boy that he is grabbed a broom and started pushing the water from our garage to the driveway. He picked up a Target back and said, "whoa... cool... tootsie rolls, m&m's, candy canes." He had found one of the stocking stuffer bags. I was disappointed, not because he found the candy, but because now "Santa" will have to come up with new knickknacks and treats for the stockings. If a tin of tootsie rolls shows up in his stocking he may get a little suspicious.

Ellie promptly asked, "mom, what are these for?" I answered... "Oh, those are for daddy... for Christmas- don't tell him." Ellie was so excited and asked if we could wrap them up right then. I told her that we had to clean out the garage and she announced that she would hide them under her bed until we could get to the wrapping. Good idea Ellie :-)

Daddy, looks like you're getting a few gifts worth of stocking goodies!!!

The other bags contained gifts as well, but the kids didn't see them and hopefully after a trip to the washing machine will be good as new.

I am thanking my lucky stars that it was in our garage and that it was an easy fix. Last night when we were getting ready for bed Ellie ran around to every sink in our house trying to wash her hands. She made it back to where I was sitting and informed me that none of the sinks worked. I told her that the water was off but daddy would fix it. She got a really pitiful look on her face and said, "mom, but I really love water." I couldn't help but feel bad for her for and for so many who don't have clean water. I could have gone into the garage and got some out of storage, but thought baby wipes would do the trick until the water was restored.

Jense found a water bottle in his room that they used to brush their teeth. Ellie was so proud of him for finding water...she told him, "Jense, you saved the day!" He was really proud of himself! While they were brushing there teeth I heard Ellie say, "water is my favorite!" It's the simple pleasures...

It wasn't long before the water was back on, and daddy had saved the day!



12 comments:

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

yikes, glad everything worked out. your kids are so sweet and cute! looks like the train was fun. where did you do that at? call if you need anything.

Suzie said...

what a happy and sad post! I'm so glad the damage was minimal! Way to go, John! I can't wait to see you guys! Bring down your stocking stuffer candy and we'll swap!

Jim Hutchings said...

Oh the Santa Train was so much fun…. I miss my munchkins. I’m counting down the days till I come out in January.

Sarah said...

Mia with Santa is adorable! She is so cute. All of your kids are, Ellie cracks me up. I love her poses. My kids won't look at the camera and pose to save my life. What do you do? ;)

SO glad everything worked out okay with the pipe. That is horrible!!! I'm glad the damage was minimal and you could stay in your house and everything still. That stinks!

Katie said...

Your kids are so dang cute...I love that Mia adored Santa. Different story here with our little miss. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!!! Hugs to you :)

Princess Pookie said...

You too had a flood? Tis the season! I am totally hiring you to take some pics of my fam. SEARS sucks!:D

Shelley Eggett said...

Oh Wow, aren't you so glad that it was in the garage and not your house. I can't even imagine.

And just for the record, Not all first borns are so sweet and eager to please. I wish. Mine is the exact opposite

the beezer said...

So...am I hearing this right....Are you pregnant? I am kind of behind on all the news...since forever!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paige said...

Your kids are adorable! I love the pictures! Such good news that everything worked out!

Anonymous said...

你的文章讓我有種特別的感覺,請加油哦~~..................................................

Linda said...

Hi there,
I just found your blog through Shannon's (Baby Wren) blog. Our daughter Lydia, who is four will be going for her transplant eval this month. It's encouraging to see how far your little girl has come. :)