Mar 15, 2010

Mia in the News


Yesterday we went up to Bellevue to meet with Komo 4 news and Donate life to share Mia's story.
The video isn't that long, but here is a little snippit of the little miss Mees. She was a big flirt, but also quite squirmy. During a majority of the interview NONE of the kids would hold still- we had to eventually give Jensen and Ellie the boot because Jense was making goofy faces at the camera- lovely. He was funny, but was not really sending the correct message about organ donation.
We also got to meet a heart recipient (Nate) and his wife. It is so amazing to meet other families and hear their story. I am recommited to always taking my pre-med after hearing his story!!! It is crazy how quickly things can change, and how so many lives are/can be saved through organ donaiton.
To watch the video click HERE
Oh one last thing... I know the camera adds some pounds, but sheesh!! I look HUGE! I will share the video in the name of organ donation awareness- and blame my swollen face on my 45 lb weight gain. Ned makes his debut.. (if he's obedient) in two weeks and three days! Then hopefully I can have my face back.

last last thing... in the clip it states that her heart was fine at 20 weeks... it was not. They told me at the 20 week ultrasound that her heart looked great. Her heart was dilated at that time, but the tech didn't notice. Just to clarify.

9 comments:

Erin said...

WHAT?! Two weeks and 3 days! That went SO fast! You look beautiful Meems! No way have you gained 45 lbs. Have you decided on a name yet?

And such a great clip about organ donation. I loved seeing Mia jabbering away. SO CUTE!

Carrie said...

Her story still gives me chills. I love her kissable cheeks!!!

Katie said...

I loved seeing her in action! Wow, she's really growing! And you look great...don't be so hard on yourself. Can't wait to hear about baby boy's debut :) Hugs to you!

Jennifer said...

I thought it was a wonderful video. Anyone who sees that will know how important organ donation is. She is beautiful!

Riley Family said...

I'm soo soo soo happy for your family!!! I love keeping up on Mia and her progress, I bet she's a happy walker! I was teary eyed remembering her sweet body in that hospital room. She has grown into an adorable girl!! Congrats on your baby to be! Good luck!

Anne said...

I thought it was a great clip of you guys!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

i know i already talked to you but i loved the clip! nate and his wife's story was touching too. you always look beautiful girl! love you. can't wait to meet ned! i was thinking last night...that's gonna be his name..his nickname at least huh, it's gonna stick!

Shelley Eggett said...

Oh she's a charmer for sure! So So cute, and Meem's your face doesn't look huge. You look beautiful. Can't believe your baby is coming so soon. It seems like yesterday you were just sitting in my house telling me you were pregnant.

Krachel said...

You look teriffic - can't tell you're pregnant at all. Mia is beautiful - seems to be growing like a weed!