Mar 31, 2010

Things She loves...

Besides musical toys, pianos, and pitch pipes... Mia has added a few things to her love list.


#1- THE TRAMPOLINE... she laughs hysterically when her siblings run circles around her on the trampoline. The kids are only allowed to do little jumps, and Mia would stay there all day long if the kids would. I can hear her screaming while I'm in the kitchen. She screams when she's happy... it's more like a squeal than a scream, but it's loud and happy! She feels similarly about the swing, but the trampoline definitely is her thing right now.

2010-2-19 085


2010-2-19 086


#2- The "clean it cloth" drawer. My sister has always called rags "clean it cloths," and so do we. Well, little Mees knows the drawer and unloads it nonstop. If we put them back...she promptly clocks in and gets to work. Again, I think it is adorable! I am sure eventually I won't, but every little move she makes brings sunshine to my heart.


#3- Rough housing with her daddy. This is not a new love, just one that has grown in intensity. Mia has one killer belly laugh which can be heard daily when her daddy is "roughing her up." Last night, John was making Mia roll off the couch then would catch her. Eventually she would shout "go" and dive right off herself. When daddy gives the other kids a turn, Mia watches intently, then squeezes herself back into her daddies clutches.


#4-Knee Walking. The girl can walk-- she will gladly walk from JB to myself...looking a lot like Frankenstein. She refuses to walk on her own...not even one step. She goes EVERYWHERE on her knees. I don't get it.. it is a matter of a few inches and she could be bruised knee free. Mia now has some fancy pink orthoses that we think are darling, but I feel have caused her regression in walking. She is forced to stand correctly on her feet now, and she's not going for it. I really wanted her to be walking (without mommy/daddy encouragement) pre Ned, but unless she has a really successful couple of days.. it's not looking good. Personally I think she is waiting for her Nana. Nana and Mia have a special bond... it's possible she doesn't want to show off until her Nana can witness.



#5- The slide: We took the kids to the park after a little maternity photo shoot last week. I think all of the rough housing is creating somewhat of a little dare devil in Mia. The slide in our back yard is too long for her to attempt solo, but the one at this park was the perfect Mia size slide. Once she slid down, we couldn't keep her off...and we didn't want to. I love to see her progressing. As we drove away I had to hold back tears (pregnancy hormones) because John and I have never taken our three kids to the park all together before. John usually takes the kids out and I stay home with Mia. It was nice to have a normal family outing to a park... it was long over due.
2010-2-20 375e



2010-2-20 264e


2010-2-20 257e


2010-2-20 335e

9 comments:

Becca said...

You always have the cutest pictures! Good luck this week. I am right behind you. We are in the same predicament with this being our last. And as much as I want it to be over, I am a little sad that I won't experience it again. Hope you get your wish and he comes tomorrow.

Becca-Ellie's mom

jayna said...

That last picture brought tears to MY eyes...lice drama induced though, rather than pregnancy...

But still, it was so touching to see your three babies altogether just playing and enjoying life. THREE, when it so easily could have just stayed two. How happy for you guys!

Carrie Hellewell said...

Such cute kids! I love how much they obviously LOVE mia. You can see it all over their faces. Good luck tomorrow! Uncle Jim is here and let us know of the news. We'll be waiting!

Brimaca said...

I wish you could photograph my kids. Such beautiful pics. And that last pic brought tears to my eyes!

ann said...

What a lovely moment as they are three sibs, before the baby rearranges their world. Tender moments.

Talia said...

I love the slide pictures, they all look so happy

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

that was so sweet. i'm totally tearing up as i read this. i love your lil' family and can't wait to meet the newest one!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh what gorgeous pics. What a special day for you guys. Hugs & blessings as you begin this new chapter with #3!

I heart Max! said...

I love my kids! Can't wait to see them in May!