Apr 26, 2010

Sick as a DOG

I don't know where that expression came from, but miss Mees is sick as a dog. She is now breathing with senior nebulizer because of the loveliness in her lungs.

I am just trying to make sure I change/wash/sanitize as I go back and forth non stop between the two babies. Mia getting sick is a nightmare... but trying to nurse a newborn that can't breathe- I don't want to add that to the mix! You could say things are a little crazy around here. The worst part about this (besides Mia being miserable) is that:

NANA went back to Utah!

My mom has been here since Sam was born and now she's gone. She had to go home to finish out the school year, or I probably would have hidden her keys. It's a harsh reality when you're thrown back into cooking your own meals! It was so nice to have her here spoiling me. For all of the rest I received it is almost worth having another baby... almost. he he.

Mia spent a lot of time with my mom. It melted my heart when my mom arrived and Mia dove for her- so sweet! I was really hoping that Mia would be walking voluntarily while my mom was here. There was a lot of walking, don't get me wrong, but none without her being told to do so.

Hopefully the meds will kick in and she will be back to her crazy knee walking, happy screaming self. She is really going to miss my mom and all of the love and attention she received these past few weeks. I am going to miss her too!!

More adventures with Nana to come.


*update- I wrote this blog and Friday, but could not find my camera cord to transfer the picture so it didn't get posted. She seems to be turning a corner as of today. Thank you antibiotics.

*update #2- we still miss Nana, but are eating fine.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Poor Mees! And poor you! And yes, I agree with you... it is a SAD day when mom goes home! They are truly heaven sent, and angels on earth. Good luck these next few weeks. Is she coming back in the summer?

Susie said...

Sorry to hear about Mia! :( (and your mom leaving) It was a big shock for us too when my mom and nana had to leave us! I can't believe you even have time to post! You're doing better than me, ha! We're eating alot of pb&j and mac when trents working!

Shila said...

oh man! that is terrible. Hope all is well soon!

Shelley Eggett said...

Oh Poor Baby! I hope she's feeling better.