May 15, 2010

I HAVE to laugh

Being a NW resident for some time now, I have noticed a change in the weather. Not the weather itself... but the weather report.

After the Twilight phenomenon- the local news stations broadcast the weather in..... wait for it... wait for it...

FORKS!!

I noticed this quite some time ago... and laugh every time they talk about highs and lows and mention how warm it was in Forks that day. I KNOW that before the books, forks was never mentioned on the weather report... EVER!

Yes, I took a picture of my tv during the weather report.

It has become quite the tourist attraction that I suppose a lot of people need to know the weather in Forks.

It just makes me laugh that forks is up there with a handful of the major cities here in WA! So.. if any of you are planning a trip to Forks- watch the news and you'll be set!

3 comments:

Lily's Mama! said...

That is great, I have never seen that on my news. Humm maybe I am watching the wrong channel. But yes, that town has become a major tourist destination, and from the research I have done on the town, it doesn't seem at all that interesting. People are going there to see imaginary sites that have been created all for the sake of the book. I have to laugh because as much as I love the book, and I am a Twilight Nerd/Fanatic, I would not take a trip to Forks WA.

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

haha, that's funny as I noticed that the other day too!

Shelley Eggett said...

Ha...That's funny!