Jun 21, 2010

This Daddy of Ours and Mine

Oh Father's Day is here once again... SWEET!

2010-5-9 0177


I decided to repeat the Jensen/ Ellie interview...all about daddy. My kids LOVE their dad- and their love is well deserved... John is a great dad!

I asked the questions- Jensen's responses in green, Ellie's in purple.

1. What is something dad always says to you? Jense: "he talks about my wart a lot." Ellie: "He says 'your my princess'."

2. What makes dad happy? Jense: "if um, we hide somewhere and then you say something and we run and tickle daddy." Ellie: "he loves all of his special magic drinks, and magic nuts, and his magic mangoes."

3. What makes dad sad? Jense: "I've never seen him sad, so I don't know...oh when he sees his babies get hurt." Ellie: "If um, Jensen leaves baby bro on top of the brown counter and baby bro rolls of on to the floor and bonks his head... he would cry and cry forever... you know that?"

4. When does your dad laugh? Jense: "When he is attacking mom and we come to the rescue." Ellie: "He laughs when his friends be funny."

5. What was your dad like as a child? Jense: "he was like...a human bean" Ellie: "He liked to go to great wolf lodge when he was a kid." Me, "no what was he like." "He was like a McDonald kid."

6. How old is your dad? Jense: "thirty two." Ellie: "I don't know...mmmm...29?"

7. How tall is your dad? Jense: "he is four sticks that are the same size." Ellie: "He is almost tall to my ceiling."

8. What is his favorite thing to do? Jense: "play with his kids." Ellie: "He likes to laugh and have fun and say funny words."

9. What does your dad do when you're not around? Jense: "Sometimes he watches tv, but a lot of times he cleans up" Ellie: "He probably does his homework."

10. If your dad becomes famous, what will it be for? Jense: "bowling, bowling, bowling, bowling, bowling." Ellie: "kind of like a rock star."

11. What is your dad really good at? Jense: "Hes really good at tickling me!" Ellie: "riding his bike and going on the four wheeler."

12. What is your dad not very good at? Jense: "Hes not very good at pulling my own tooth out." Ellie: "Hes not very good at doing hair... (girly giggle)...but he's very good at doing Jensen's hair like mohawking and hair cutting."

13. What does your dad do for her job? Jense: "Well, he cleans the house a lot." "He bees a nurse and gives shots."

14. What is your dad's favorite food? Jense: "I think it might be Jalapeno." "Thai food and hot peppers."

15. What makes you proud of your dad? Jense: "If he rearranges my room." Ellie: "When he bees silly and funny and makes me laugh."

16. If your dad were a cartoon character, who would he be? Jense: "AVATAR!!!!" Ellie: "Um, aaaa, one of like the super heros... like so he could save me and protect me."

17. What do you and your dad do together? Jense: "We play the basketball hoop in my room a lot... da da da." (that is the noise it makes) Ellie: "Um, draw together, play together and say funny words."

18. How are you and your dad the same? Jense: "We both got blue eyes." Ellie: "We both have the same skin, we both like our baby, and we like to dance, and sing and have fun."

19. How are you and your dad different? Jense: "He's got brown hair, and I got blonde hair." Ellie: "we don't have the same hair, and he has a curl in the front and I don't."

20. How do you know your dad loves you? Jense: "Because I just know... he tells me." Ellie: "from his heart.... because all of his hearts come out and give love from his kisses."

21. What do you like most about your dad? Jense: "He gave me a poster of a car." Ellie: "I like it when he plays with me."

22. What's the funniest thing that you dad does? Jense: "He tickles me and throws me up in the air." Ellie: "uuuuuhhhh, he makes funny faces."





Since Mia can't respond to the questions I will just say that she pretty much has her dad wrapped tightly around her little finger. He produces more happy screams out of her than anyone else. They rough house together, and she just lights up when he walks through the door. She also, much to my dismay says, "dada" when I ask her to say "Mama." She knows what she is doing and thinks it's funny... me? I laugh and tickle her telling her no...maybe that is why she does it.
I just like this pic... daddy, roasting the dogs. He's hot no?


I'm so glad my kids have a dad who is all about making sure they have a wonderful childhood. There are so many daddy jobs that come so natural to him- it is such a blessing!
Happy Father's Day John Boy!


Now, onto my daddy on this father's day....

2010-6-2 1488


Thinking of fond memories to share about Papa, I immediately think cucumbers. That story was on last years post, but as I type the word "post" another story comes to mind.

As a teenager I worked at a resort in my hometown called the Homestead. I worked there for years and in multiple capacities. After work one evening, my sister Suz and I and one of her friends decided to go swimming in the crater. The crater was always hot and a little creepy, probably because the water was so deep... I always thought I would get eaten by something. Anyway, we were on our way home in the family van, when the night took a turn. I was sixteen and ultra eager to drive, so I was the driver...friend was in the front... and Suz in the back. On either side of our driveway we (my parents home) have brick light posts. As I rounded the corner into the driveway, I clipped it too close and sideswiped the right light post. It wasn't a little paint removal/few broken brick job....I took that sucker down! I can still remember Suzie's voice and her hand gestures as she watched me destroy it. Of course no one was hurt because I wasn't going fast...which, thinking back I should have stopped once I made contact, but I just kept driving- hence completing the demolition. I DID NOT want to tell my dad that his driveway decoration had once again been hit by one of his cars. Sadly, yes, it was a tradition...not purposeful mind you...but a frequent Jensen girl mishap to run into those light posts. The driveway is really wide, so there really is no good excuse, but I'm glad I wasn't the first...and wouldn't be the last.

I went into the "slope room" and told him that I had hit the light post. I think he was wondering if I was teasing him- my dad is the ultimate teaser. I think he could tell I was traumatized because I had been a perfect driver up until this incident. He came out side, looked at it, and said, "hmmm- yeah, you hit it alright." Then went back inside. That was it. He rebuilt it, and besides a few jokes about his daughters and light posts, never said anything to me about it.

One more thing- since I have the photos..... he he

2010-2-20 1924

These belts are from "Papa." Jensen got his belt when he turned one- Ellie the same. Mia was sent a belt right after she was born. We have some pictures of her wearing it in her hospital bed. That was a sad time. Now we just need to get these kids some boots!


2010-2-20 22889


My kids love their belts! Ellie thinks she's a cowgirl. Maybe I will get around to actually printing a picture of these cute belted kids and send it to you, dad. I'm not much for printing pictures...but this is definitely wall worthy.

2010-2-20 1888

Happy Father's Day Dad!

2 comments:

Photographer: Rebecca Pierce said...

Such a cute post! I love the belts, and those pics are super cute...definitely wall worthy! I think you definitely scored two great dads in your life!

Di said...

Love the belts.Here is to John & all the other great dads out there.