Aug 25, 2010

A baby food fight


My little Sammer Jam took his first bite of baby food tonight. He has been grabbing at everything in front of him for weeks now, so I thought we would give rice cereal a go.


He LOVED it! He opened up wide when the spoon neared his lips, and he ate it up. I was surprised by what a natural he was at eating; he spit some of it out, but most of the cereal stayed in. He was born into a family of foodies, so I shouldn't be that surprised.


Due to his grabbiness, he grabbed the spoon and started waiving it around, and gumming it...and gagging himself. I guess he wants to feed himself, and his hair. We eventually had to stop him because he kept hitting himself in the head with the spoon.


Yay for rice cereal and my little buddy who thinks it is tasty delicious.

- I must mention that Sam's new ability to eat has been a dream come true for his older sister. She is on cloud nine, and thinks his eating is "Ohhhhh so cute." I think her mothering abilities are going to come in handy when it comes to meal time. She has only fed him one bowl so far, but her enthusiasm should last for at least a few weeks.

3 comments:

Brimaca said...

This post made me smile. He's so darn cute.

Becca said...

What a cutie!!! I love to watch what he is doing because Claire is right behind him.

Becca-Ellie's mom

Beth said...

Love the pictures. And I looked at past posts, the one with Karissa and yes, I had read it. So cute. Thanks for taking pictures. How did shopping go tonight? Wish I could have gone.
You crack me up reading your blog!
Love you long time!