Nov 16, 2010

Daddy time

Mia, it is my turn to stay with you at the hospital. It is difficult for me to see you in such discomfort, but I truly enjoy my time with you. I literally spend every moment of my stay laying by your side. You were so uncomfortable, and so sweet. You kept asking for mommy, and quite frequently would randomly moan, "Mimi." You did not want to sleep during the night, and we got to chat and horse around from 2 to 6 a.m. You were so cute about your stuffed teddy bear. You would wake up and say, "baby" and fall back to sleep embracing your teddy. You also had nightmares and would jerk violently and then cry. A quick pat on the back or a gently hand on the body would send you back to your slumber. It sure was nice being needed by you. I loved holding you tight all night long and being there when you needed comfort. You really love your Olivia pillow right now. If ever you noticed that either my head was on your pillow, or that you yourself were on any other pillow, boy was there trouble. They took out your IV this morning since it no longer was functioning. We are waiting to put another one in so that we can see if you will drink enough fluids to avoid it. "Infectious Disease" folks stopped in to take some blood for further testing. You really gave us a good wresting match. So much so that you were exhausted to the point that you fell asleep in my arms before the blood draw was even over. Your gums were bleeding just from crying. Lets drink some serious milk so we can get home soon baby girl. I love you Mia. Get better soon. Lots of family and friends praying for you and wishing you well. Love, Daddy

4 comments:

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

so sweet and so sad! i pray you guys will be back at home together in no time!

Photographer: Rebecca Pierce said...

I love seeing her Olivia pillowcase in the pictures! If I knew she wasn't sharing, I'd make you one too...but if there were two Olivia pillowcases, she might just hog both, isn't that how 2-year olds work?

Shelley Eggett said...

I just spent the last hour reading all of your posts on facebook and then wah lah, I come to your blog to find the same ones. I should have just come here first. I know I said this a zillion times already, but Mia is in my prayers!!! Oh my goodness, Meems I don't know you do it. Watching her suffer in pictures is so hard, not to mention the lack of sleep you are getting. I hope and pray she gets better soon. Those darn cold sores. I hate them worse then anything. It used to be that if I even looked at someone with a cold sore I would get one. I don't get them hardly ever anymore though thank heavens. Poor Baby Girl. I love her so much! Keep your chin up my friend, and know that so many people are praying for you and thinking of you. We love you guys so much!

Heather and Tim said...

What a sweet post, John. Mia is so blessed to have the parents she does. You are both so strong and just digging in and getting done what needs to be done. The kids have 1/2 days this week-maybe we can come pick up your kids for an afternoon. I'll give you a call.
It was so sweet to spend some time with Mia on Saturday. I was so hoping that she would have been sent home by now! I'm sure this weekend it will happen. We will continue to pray for you and please call us for any need you may have.
LOL-
Auntie Heather