Mar 10, 2011

You will NEVER believe this...

I am pregnant!  JUST KIDDING.  I prefaced the following news to my friends with, "You will never believe this" and the three people I told ALL thought I was pregnant.  

Not Pregnant, but we are making a major change--- MAJOR change.  

Are you ready?  

We're MOVING back to UTAH!!! 

John boy got accepted into a program at the University of Utah.  
My head is spinning.  We found out the day before I brought Mia in the hospital.  I am so proud of him!  We are going to be selling all of our earthly possessions and moving in with my parents.  Yes, my parents... that's how we roll.  In a few months I will officially be 30 years old and moving back in with my parents.  Saweeeet!

There are so many exciting things about this, and so many sad things.  I am already missing my life here and know it will be a huge adjustment for our entire family.  

Jensen's first reaction was: "What about my rockets?"  (we painted rockets on his walls)
Then he said... "Mom, what about all of your friends?"  (he is the sweetest kid)

Ellie said: "Yay, now I get to live by Abby" This is exciting, but I don't think she realizes all of the cousins she will be moving away from. She also thought we were moving that day and told all of her friends at school we were moving to "Seattle" and she wouldn't be back.  When I explained that it won't be for awhile, she started to cry and was extremely worried that her friends wouldn't like her because they thought she lied.  poor girl.  Totally mis-understood the time line and already said her farewells. Hopefully school went OK, I wasn't there to find out how the surprise I'm not moving yet went over.

Mia doesn't understand what that news entails, but we will have to transfer her care, and that is more than stressing me out.  I have heard that the transplant team in Utah is great, and I'm sure they are.  So much to do!  I just wish we weren't facing rejection during this transition. 

Sam, well, he slept through the news- cause he is always sleeping.  John told me that Sam slept from 4 pm- to 8:30 am last night.  That is  a lot of sleep!  He has done this a few times, but it is too long in my book. I miss his little face terribly! He is a momma's boy and it is breaking me up not snuggling him each day.  I started crying watching a trailer for Dumbo- that show is NOT intended for mommies who are separated from their babies.

John is excited- as we were talking about everything we are planning to take with us, he only had one thing on his list.  The big screen. That was first on my list to sell- he he. I guess if he only has one...

Yep, there you have it- Utah, here we come.


In "other" news.  Mia has had a good day.  She had her second round of steroids today and slept through much of her IVIG treatment in the night (which is miraculous because they take vitals every 15 minutes).  The doctors did say that it is a possibility that after her last IVIG treatment we could just hit the road. Crossing my fingers for this.  
Back to Moving... Can you believe this?? AAAhhhhhhh!

17 comments:

Kaidence's Mommy said...

Yea!!!! We can be clinic buddies now. PCMC will take great care of her. BTW, if Mia gets a crazy headache a day or two after treatment DON'T freak out. I learned that it can happen after K's episode. I am not telling you this to scare you (they say its rare) but just as a warning. K's was so severe and came on so fast that it had me second guessing if that was all it was. She didnt get it until treatment 2 or 3. I know another little girl that got them as well. I am sure she will do AWESOME! I just wish I would have known before I had to call the tx coordinator panicking. Didnt your parents move from Midway?

jayna said...

I think this is great news! Good luck with all the logistics!!

Crystal said...

oh this makes me want to cry. I will miss that pretty smile of yours :( But hey you gotta do whats best for your fam! Congrats to john this is exciting. I am sure your parents are stoked.

Dan and Sara said...

Well I am THRILLED for myself and all of us Utahn's, but I'm sad for your friends and family there... I'm sure they will miss you so much!! Life really isn't ever calm for you, is it? And yet, you handle it so perfectly. So glad to hear Mia had a better day... thinking of you!

Becky said...

Hi Mimi. I wanted to say welcome back to Utah soon. Congrats to John. We are in Salt Lake, and Primary Children's here is great. My son was just there two weeks ago getting the IVIG treatment. Fun times, right? Good luck with the moving process, and living with your folks. We've done it, and it's SOOOO fun. ;)

Erin said...

I. am. SO. Jealous! I am so excited for you to finally have a chance to be close to your family!!! yay! I know it will be hard to leave your life in Washington, but this news is SO exciting!! yay! Good luck in the next few months. ;)

Briawna said...

What program is John doing? That's such a fun adventure. We LOVED being in school, even with three kids, it's still a blast. Still praying for Mia. PCMC is awesome and will love Mia.

The Simmons Family said...

I am excited for you!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

i'm so happy and so sad for you! when i heard the news i didn't know whether to cry or smile...a lil' of both i guess! we've been wanting to make a trip to UT...maybe your move will get us there a lil' faster! :) hope Mia's treatment goes excellent today. love you girl!

Carrie Hellewell said...

YAHOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm so excited to have you guys back again! Think of all the fun we can have! This is some really good news. I can't wait! Now, we just need to get Jim here and we'll all be together again. Good news indeed.

Glad that sweet Mia is doing slightly better. We always have her in our prayers.

Katie said...

Your intro to this- too funny! I'm a little sad, have to be honest...although moving near your family, what a blessing. We will miss 'knowing' we're in the same state :) But hey, now we will just plan a trip to Utah to see you!!! Let's definitely do our weekend together before you move, just give me a date. Congrats to John too, way to go.

Glad Mia is doing well with her treatments but wow, 4 day stay! How is that going? How are you keeping her busy and keeping your sanity in there??? Hopefully these treatments do the trick for her!

Katie said...

Oh, and I know exactly the Dumbo trailer you're talking about...has Alison Krauss singing "Baby Mine" on it...I have cried before on that one too. I'm sure not having your little jammer with you totally stinks (as well as those other 2 cuties).

Princess Pookie said...

Get finding all the good Thai food for when I come visit! And eat some Cafe Rio for me.

Miss you already!

Summer Carlile said...

Yay, I am excited you are moving back to Utah!

Brimaca said...

Wow! Now that IS news! I'm a lil' jealous...but that's life. :)

Sarah said...

No way!!!! That is so exciting!!! I think this means that I will get to see you during our 30th years. I would love that so much!! :) I am so excited for you, Mimi! What a fun new adventure and I am sure you will pull off all of the transitions amazingly like you do everything else! :) What fun news!

Monica said...

Yay!!! I can't wait. Will you be my friend? Are you going to be in Salt Lake - layton isn't that far away and we have lots of houses for sell in my neighborhood. Yipee!!