Mar 13, 2011

"You're Melcome"


We are home now. Mia did great!


She had two rounds of IVIG treatments and IV steroids, now we are on the same schedule as before weaning her from the steroids. Now we just wait another month and when she is off the steroids, they will repeat a biopsy. Ugh!  THIS time it will be back at zero.


While we were there, she enjoyed the playroom.  I wasn't going to take her, but we were there stuck in that room and she needed an outlet.  She sure had fun, and played a lot of bowling. Her favorite thing though, was the bubbles. She could play bubbles all day long! 


Mia was such a crack up in the hospital.  She keeps mixing up "Thank you" and "You're welcome."  She caught a few people off guard when she would loudly proclaim "You're Melcome!!" after the following scenerios.  

- after the cardiologist listened to her heart
-after the nurse would bring her juice/milk/snacks
-after walking out of an elevator leaving people inside
-after she would give me a hug or kiss
-after going potty in the potty chair
-after allowing her blood pressure to be taken
-after a volunteer brought her some toys/books

"You're Melcome" was definitely the theme for the hospital stay.  It was hilarious. Some times she would even repeat it a few times in a row- just to reinforce.  She made quite a few people laugh...with her, "you're welcome for being allowed to serve me today" attitude.  I think everyone knew she meant "thank you," but I wasn't about to correct her, I was too busy laughing.


The hospital is a wonderful place, but it is so good to be home!  When we are there it is easy for me to be reminded of all the pain.  A new friend of mine is waiting for her baby girl to receive an angel heart.  When I read her thoughts it takes me right back to our desperation.  Even though Mia is experiencing... I mean was experiencing rejection, we have come so far!  If you need someone to pray for tonight, please pray for her family.

4 comments:

Shelley Eggett said...

So glad you guys are home. I will pray hard for 0 rejection!!!!

Sarah said...

Woohoo! You are home!!! I am so glad you are and my fingers are crossed and prayers are being said for 0 rejection too!

Talia said...

So glad you are home and those cranes bring back so many memories. Prayers to your family and your friend as well.

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

we will definitely be praying for big fat zero rejection! miss her sweet lil' voice!