Apr 15, 2011

Peanut Butter has so many uses


I had the following conversation with my son today:

Jense: Do you think I caught a squirrel today?
Me: Huh?
Jense: Do you think I caught a squirrel in one of my traps today?
Me: Oh, um, you set traps?
Jense: Yep!!
Me: How did you set traps?
Jense: I dug a bunch of holes in the backyard and put gobs of peanut butter in each of the holes then covered it up with leaves
Me: Wow, ok, how much peanut butter did you put in these holes?
Jense: A few gobs in each
Me: How many holes did you dig
Jense: Um, like 4 or 5 or 10 or something like that I dunno.
Me: Can you step in the peanut butter if you go outside?  (at this point I am imagining Mia coming in the house with peanut butter covered shoes)
Jensen: mmmmm. probably not cuz it's burried in the holes
Me: Well, I don't know if you caught one, why don't you go check
Jensen: Ok
Me: Jense, how did you know that you could use peanut butter to catch a squirrel?
Jense: Mom, you can use peanut butter for a lot of things!!

GREAT!!!  I wonder what else he has used peanut butter for without my knowledge.  The only thing I can think of (besides eating) is getting gum out of hair.  Now, I know it used in obtaining a pet squirrel.

Jensen charged back in the house and in a very optimistic voice pronounced... "Not yet!"

1 comment:

Brimaca said...

I had a lot of fun catching up on your blog. I love that you are posting so much even if I can only get to reading blogs once in a great moon. :) You make me love your children,even though I've never met them. Maybe that will change now that you are moving back to Utah. We may cross paths when I come back to visit!