Apr 22, 2011

Stinging Nettle Soup

I was stung by stinging nettle today.  I don't know what I was thinking really walking out into a clearing that was saturated with what looked like stinging nettle.  Cue story about little boy picking up a snake and the snake biting him.  It was all in the name of photography too.  I wasn't even chasing down a pot of gold or trying to catch something important that blew away. 

I thought I got all of the spines out, but I didn't.  It still hurts, and is keeping me awake.  It's not painful painful but definitely bothersome.  What was I thining? 

I looked online to see how to neutrilze the acid, and I found out that you can make soup out of stinging nettle!!  Yes, soup.  That is an errand you want to send someone on as a joke, "could you go harvest some of that plant for some soup I'm making."  No, that wouldn't be a good joke.  There are good jokes, and there are not so good jokes.  The paste does not work, incase you were wondering if the rememdy I went with helped.  I am still completely aware of the pain in my heels and soles of my feet.  Oh, did I mention that I was wearing high heels?  Maybe I deserved it...trying to go out into a marsh with high heels on. 

If you are as intrigued as I was about the soup- HERE is the recipe.

Speaking of pain- Mia's biopsy is tomorrow.  This biopsy completely snuck up on me.  Usually I have a week or so to torture myself and anticipate handing her back over.  I would taking stinking nettles over sending her back into the cath lab anyday.  She is such a little trooper.  When they enter through the neck her recovery is shortened, but she is sore for at least a few days.  I will let you know how our day goes.  Say a little prayer for little Mia that her body is back to 0 rejection. 

2 comments:

Wyndi said...

sending prayers her way!! hope your feet feel better. My grandmother used to tell us to rub fern on stinging neddles to ease the pain when we where visiting WA as kids!

Kaidence's Mommy said...

I peed in that stuff on trek...enough said!

We will say a little prayer for tomorrow. Sending good vibes for a BIG FAT 0!!!!!!!!