May 2, 2011

Count Down to 30

I officially have three more days until I turn 30... well maybe 2.5 days... depending on when I was born.  Mom, when was I born? 

- I told John six months or so ago that I wanted him to fly some of my sisters (whoever could come) up here to party with me on my 30th.  Hopefully there has been a change of plans because I will be seeing them all next month! Living close to three of them... wut wut?   He asked me today if I would be willing to wear a blind fold for two solid hours this Friday.  Apparently he has a little something up his sleeve for this weekend.  I have been racking my brain (not really though because I know he doesn't want me to figure it out) trying to decide where we could possibly be going that is 2 hrs away.  First of all... Nothing is 2 hrs away.  I mean there is obviously something 2 hrs away, but in all directions I am not familiar with a 2 hr away destination.  One hour... yes- lots of places are 1 hr away. 3+ hrs... endless options.  2 hrs away?? What in the world is he planning that is 2 hrs away?  Unfortunately for him no amount of blindfoldage will keep me from knowing which direction we are traveling... unless he takes a lot of detours along the way.  I just have an internal GPS... but I will try for the sake of not ruining the suprise to consiously not know where I am going :-)  Hopefully I can just fall asleep- then I really won't know. 

I would be telling a lie if I said I wasn't excited!! What is 2 hours away?  He was teasing me that we were going to Great Wolf Lodge.  I don't think we are... it would be interesting being there without our kids. 

In church on Sunday some friends and I were talking about my age.  I have always been the baby (in my mind) of my friends... and his side of the family.  I am the youngest girl on his side, but I feel the same age as all of my sister in laws and friends.  People are continually surprised when my age is brought up.  I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.  Maybe I look older.  Maybe I act younger... I don't know.  They were teasing me that I am joining the ranks of the old ladies. We don't think 30 is old...there is just something about 30.  I remember turning 21 and thinking I would never see 30.  Well... I have three days to go... or 2.5 and it will be a reality.

I am excited!  At least when I am 30... I will be headed somewhere (trying to sleep so I don't ruin the surprise) in the back of the truck going 2 hrs away from my home.

What should I do on my last day as a 20 something???  I'll probably be packing, maybe in all of my packing I will find something fabulous to give away.  I can't believe the amount of basura I have collected over the years. If I find something good- maybe I'll host a giveaway on my blog.  So far I have not found anything worth giving away....but I'm not giving up hope.  Maybe I will have to purchase something to go along with it.  If I don't go crazy in the next couple days I'll wrap my brain around it.  How does anyone move??  This is sooo much work!  I should be able to handle it... after all I am still in my 20's.

1 comment:

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

haha! i loved this post! glad you didn't figure out your surprise! it was so fun hearing you come in and tell John you didn't want to walk anymore cuz he was going to push you into a pool or something! :) welcome to the 30's! i miss you already!