May 4, 2011

Just a plain old Mom



Tonight my sister-in-law Beth and I took our girls for a final girls night before we move.  These two girls are the best of friends.  This is the relationship I am mourning over and we haven't even left yet.  Ellie loves this girl to pieces!  We started off the night at Red Robin. It was fun and the food was yummy.  At one point the girls were laughing so hard that people were turning around to see what was so funny.  They giggled non stop.


In the parking lot the girls had a balloon launch.  We told them to make a wish and let the balloon go.  I think Ellie's wish was to get her balloon back.  Balloon launching might go over better in a few years.


We stopped at the Mall to get their finger nails painted.  They were in Heaven. They had to have the exact same fingernail polish.


My favorite thing Karissa said tonight was, "What are they saying?" Beth and I were thinking of Angela Johnson's Nail Salon the whole time. 


My very favorite thing Ellie said tonight... and probably my favorite thing she has said to date was in response to the question "what do want to be when you grow up?" 

She paused and said: "Guess!"
no one guessed and then she said,
"I just want to be a plain old mom!"

The good news is she is excited to be a mom (surprise surprise)... the bad news is that my sensitivity to turning 30 is not helped by the description PLAIN OLD.



The girls picked out a Best Friend Forever necklace that was pink and purple and perfect for them. 


Then it was off to ride some rides.  The rides in the mall aren't that fantastic, but they were not lost on these girls.   Why are mall rides so exciting for kids?  I distinctly remember begging to ride the mini 3 horse carousel outside of K mart. 


 
This video is the girls trying to walk through the mall with their necklace put together.  It's magnetic... so clever!  Ellie and Karissa will always be close.  It's just who they are.  They already have plans to be pen pals and Ellie just completed her first letter.  It states:

Ellie and Karissa
Best Friends Forever
(pretty sure she copied the words from the necklace)

We will miss you so much!  We will have to get dialed into skype.
Thanks for such a wonderful night- We love you!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Last night was so fun. After the girls said goodbye, hugged and we drove off, I noticed Karissa wiping away tears. I parked, motioned for her to come sit on my lap, we both sobbed and hugged for a good 5 minutes. We are sure going to miss you guys.

Beth said...

Last night was so fun. After the girls said goodbye, hugged and we drove off, I noticed Karissa wiping away tears. I parked, motioned for her to come sit on my lap, we both sobbed and hugged for a good 5 minutes. We are sure going to miss you guys.