May 9, 2011

We made it, barely.


I swore (not literally) that I would never ever attempt a drive between WA and UT again with my kids at this age.  My sister flew up and practically drove the entire way back to Utah.  Mia was a basket case the entire time and 20 minutes after my sister's turn to sleep Mia continually woke up and needed me.  It was Raegan's pre mother's day gift... from me to her.  No sleep for you!  Thanks Rae, you rescued me

I was dreading the drive alone, and was soooo pumped when she surprised me at the most fabulous 30th suprise party ever!! It was entirely over the top (blog to come) and two of my sisters came in for it.  It was the perfect good bye party!  There might have even been a flash mob involved.  I am excited to blog about it, I just need to download some pics.  I am still embarrassed by all the work that was put it to this. I have the best friends,family, and husberdin!  John and Rebecca did a great job sending people to lie to me to keep me from knowing anything was up. They totally got me! I thought I was headed to a restaurant.  There is much more to say- I'll wait for the pic's.      

Ok, back to Utah.  Yes we are here.  I can't remember the last time I stayed up practically all night... oh wait it was the last Utah trip.  Some people are blessed with car sleepers- I was blessed with cribby sleepers.  Sam was actually a champ.  He really did great!

Within hours of arriving Ellie had already made two new friends.  Twin girls her age live next door from us. She is pumped about that.  I took her to Kindergarten today, and she decided she was shy.  It was so crazy to take her to school in the same place I went to school.  Some of the faculty is still the same. 

Sadly the very worst part about moving to Utah so far is the weather!!! Yes, we brought the rain with us.  Yesterday when it was raining I had to laugh at my inability to escape the rain.  The sunshine has been calling my name, but sadly when I got here my dad informed me that a storm was coming and sure enough hours later rain was coming down.  not my favorite.  Hopefully the sun will be shining soon.  Other than the weather we had a little misfortune with Mia's meds.  My dad ran to primary childrens to get her a new bottle of prograf.  He has been quite the "step and fetcher" since we got here and has done so with a smile on his face.  My sister and I were laughing about how it's payback time for grandpa.  In our 2 days here he has picked up meds, diapers, milk, wipes, and a girl (Elvis) from Kindergarten.  Nana has been a busy bee too.  Hopefully once we get settled they can get back to their regularly scheduled retirement!  yeah right :-) Luckily they can escape to the farm when they've had their fill of children under the age of 6.  I say 6 because you just can't get sick of my seven year old- he is pleasant and helpful. 

John Boy is still on his way.  He starts school at U of U in a few days.  Are we really doing this?  Starting over?  Going into a medical profession instead?  The anesthetists I have chatted with at Children's keep reassuring me that he won't ever regret it.  I sure hope not.  It still scares me.  Mostly, anesthesiology worries me- it just does.  Maybe I have turned into an unnecessary worrier.  I know he can do it, I just worry about the responsibility. 

I am excited about our new adventure, but I already miss so many of our Washington people.  It hurts my heart knowing I won't be five minutes from so many people I love.  I have come to the conclusion that there will always be a pull to be in both places.  

8 comments:

Crystal said...

Man that makes me nercvous. I am going to my moms 10hr drive by myself in a few days. I think i am crazy but it is worth the break. Mimi we will miss you so much. The good thing is there is family in Washington so you have to come back and visit :)

Cheralyn said...

You will most definitely be missed. I was extremely bumbed that I did not get to be at your big birthday going away bash. I was all set to go and had a babysitter in place and everything but lifes little challenges seem to be my best friend lately and was unable to come and say goodbye. I will miss you and hope to maybe see you this summer if I make it over that way. Keep blogging so we will know how you are doing. Talk to you again soon....

Knight Bliss said...

Hey there, glad to hear to you are back home(sorta). I know the feeling of leaving wonderful people. We had to do that when we left AZ. I was wondering if you still had the little list from our class reunion of the little question contest you did and gave candy bars out? My good friend is in charge of her's in July and I mentioned how I thought that was entertaining. She asked if I could get a copy if you still have it. I really hope to see you and your cute family around town! Welcome back!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, you're in Utah! What an exciting time for you guys! Starting over is so exciting and scary but I am sure you will be so happy that you did it in the end. I am excited for you guys!!!!

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!..... a little late. Welcome to club 30! :)

Lots of love and I'm crossing my fingers that the transition goes well. Leaving friends behind is SO hard! I'm thinking of you!!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

oh i'm totally trying not to cry right now! so glad you made it, sorry it was not the greatest drive. i realized that I am now one of those far away blog readers instead of one of the friends that is close! :(
this will be great for you guys though and we are so happy for you!

Dan and Sara said...

So glad you survived the drive and that you all made it in one piece. My heart hurts for you too - moving away from a place that you love is very painful. But Utah is SO lucky to have you guys!! Good luck with everything :)

Shelley Eggett said...

Wow, I can't believe you are here. I didn't realize you were coming so quickly. Hey atleast the packing is overwith for now.

Brimaca said...

I did some of my student teaching in Midway. It was really, really weird.