Jun 3, 2011

I have to stop setting myself up.


This is my momacita sitting with miss Mia in the ER.  Last week I was telling someone that I don't plan on getting admitted to this hospital for a long time.  Well, we've lived here all of five minutes and here we are.  ADMITTED!!  Sheesh.  Here is the scoop.  We all came down with a stomach virus.  It didn't last long... but of course it took Mia longer to kick.  She had improved and was on the mend, but developed a cough.  I was out of town for a few days with all of my sisters and mom.  When I came back She looked frail and had lost weight.  Her little body was struggling and from all the coughing, gagging, and throwing up.  She didn't have any wet diapers since I had been home either.  So after talking to one of the coordinators they decided we needed to come in.  They finally decided to keep us over night at like 3 in the morning.  It was a loooooong night!  We have spent the day here in the medical/ surgical unit I believe.  She still has had no urine output and crazy diarrhea so they are keeping us another night. She did finally have some success tonight.

Her prograf level came back at a 20.  They drew her blood last night and since then I have given her 2 doses... so it is probably even higher!  stinking prograf.  I guess when transplant kids have diarrhea their levels go up.  They are of course holding the dose tonight.  She also developed an ear infection today.  I am relieved that were we already here and could treat it in house.

Mia and I have been cuddling the entire day.  Before she had some pain medicine for the ear infection she was not loving life, but she has turned a corner and has been interacting with all of her favorite shows again.  Although I don't know if it is my computer or the connection here, but she had to wait through a lot of buffering. 

 The good news is... they serve a killer brownie here.  I am really impressed with the food here... all of the meals come with a strawberry and orange slice.  It's the little things no?  I had to take a picture of this brownie because for a minute today I felt like we weren't in a hospital.  nummmie!  Other good news is that I learned how to take pictures with my phone and email them to myself.  I don't have a smart phone, but the pictures aren't that bad.  

 Mia is such a sweet girl.  She is still up to her usual "you're melcome" declaring after someone does something for her.  She keeps asking to leave, and hopefully tomorrow we will do just that!  She really really likes the nurses.  We have had great nurses. She cries when someone other than nurses walk through the door... I don't know how she knows the difference but she does. 

Aunt Rae came to our rescue tonight and brought me some Cafe Rio!  I have not had any since I have been back- shocking I know!  It was delicious and Mia even ate some of the "crisbees" which is the first solid thing she has had in days.  Cafe Rio has magical powers :-)  She also brought us a great little media player that holds a lot of movies. It's genius and we will own one soon... no more buffering!! Seriously all hospital frequent fliers need one of these.  All of your movies in one little box- love it.  Thanks Rae!  Thanks to my parents for bringing my cell phone charger.  I don't know what we did before cell phones... texting updates is so fabulous!

Ok, I am going to try and upload a video of Mia watching OSO... we'll see if it works.  Once I figured out how to email myself I got a little carried away.


If we're still here tomorrow evening I'll try to update.  My poor Sam has probably forgotten all about me.  Luckily he is in good hands!

Mia has been shooting ear thermometer probe covers at the nurse for the last ten minutes... she is laughing and laughing.  It is so nice to hear her so happy after such a rough 24 hrs. I better go intervene.

5 comments:

Kyle and Alli said...

Oh man. That stinks to be stuck at the hospital. I hope that they get Mia's meds figured out and that she can kick this virus ASAP so you can all get home again! What pod are you guys on? M and N have the best views and biggest rooms, so hopefully you were blessed with lots of space to eat your gourmet room service. The mozzarella sticks are favorites of ours, as well as the fruit platter! :)

Melanie said...

You are so inspiring Mimi! I love your updates. What an amazing blessing to have the family that you do. Its inspiring to watch your triumphs in the small things and your attitude in the challenges that you have. Thank you for sharing it with the world. I'm blessed to know you.

Clenece said...

Oh, I am so sorry! What a sad why to come back home!

Shila said...

Poo Poo! That is so terrible! Hope everyone feels better. It is the start of Summer for heavens sake! Let's stop with the sicknesses! Sorry I guess I had to vent. It makes me so sad to hear about Mia suffering and in a place where she would rather not be. Take care Mimi we love and miss you guys.

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

oh no....i'm so behind. so sorry you've already been a guest in the hospital there but glad she is doing better. hopefully you will not be a guest for a LOOOONG time! take care.