Jul 27, 2011

9 years


9 YEARS! 

9 years ago I married this man


9 years ago I was the happiest 18 year old... HA!  21 year old alive.


I did meet him when I was 18 though... fresh out of high school.  We were goofy then too. We made up some dance routines in the family room of my apartment... it was big so we could work on our "stunts."


9 years ago we lived in a "spider cave" in Provo.



9 years LATER....Here we are with four beautiful children and even more love than we began with.  Not much has changed (other than the children) between us. Rebecca took this pic of us.  I think a good caption for this pic would be... "SHHH don't tell mom, but we're all looking at the camera!"  Sammy is such a handsome little devil!

After meeting JB for dessert tonight we raced home in separate cars and we both tried to play it off like we weren't racing until we reached the middle of the drive way when we both hit a dead sprint to the door.  He won this time... cause I let him ;-)  We played a friendly game of badminton- cause it's the BOMB and you are extra cool if you play badminton on your anniversary. Jense really wanted to play with us so I teamed up with J and daddy didn't stand a chance. 

We topped off our night with SYTYCD... it was a bonus to have Allison AND Niel in one night.  It doesn't get any better than THAT!

Happy Anniversary John Boy!  It seems like we just barely celebrated out 8th anniversary.  

Next year we hit a decade... woah!


5 comments:

John Boy said...

love you babe. Once this stinking pharmacology class is over I will take you out and treat you like a lady. Macaroni Grill!!!

Team Burton said...

Congrats you two!! The longer I am married the more I LOVE it! This anniversary sounds exactly how it should be!!

Brimaca said...

I love the little signs and things he did last year (is the one on here from this year or last?) I tell people about it all the time. I tell my hubby too in the hopes that he will be influenced but it hasn't happened yet. :)
Congrats on 9 years!~

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

you guys are so stinkin cute! love catching up on all your posts. i miss you guys!

Shelley Eggett said...

Darling family picture! Happy anniversary.