Jul 22, 2011

A little Homesick



Jense has made some good little friends here, or so I thought. 
After he fell asleep I went out into the hall and found him sleeping in the hallway.


He also made a little message with our united states blanket.


Washington +"all my friends are there and I miss them" + strange action figure I know nothing about


Utah + "ME" transformer + star wars guy

I don't know if this was a message for me or if he was just labeling the states before bedtime, but it makes my heart a little sad that his friends are there and he misses them.  I know how he feels. 

A transformer was a wise choice to depict himself.  He is such a sweet kid.  He is convinced he can earn enough money to fly back to Washington for the family campout.  He really really really wants to go.  I think the family campout was/is the highlight of his year.  We need a pilot in the family! OR someone that works for an airline.

Nat, you're my last hope.  Could you pretty please marry a pilot? ;-)

5 comments:

Team Burton said...

Oh My Lord...this made me tear up! How can he be so sensitive and aware? Just find a way to that damn campout...or just let Jensen go...I beg you!

Brimaca said...

Wow. He's a cool kid. I loved at church today when he said, "That means you hate me." It made me smile to know our lives are so similar sometimes. :)

Mimi said...

Seriously that was awesome!! I told him that it was ok with me if he was board for awhile... we won't forget our church bag again. It was good for a laugh though.

Ames, I know- he really really wants to go. I looked up flights. I have been trying to tell him that we can go to Lagoon instead. Poor kid!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

oh meems, that is very sad...wish you guys could fly home too!

Shelley Eggett said...

This is so sad! I hope he's making friends and doing better!