Aug 25, 2011

Back to the Big House

Living with my dad I am starting to use his lingo.  He always called going back to school, "going back to the big house."

My kids are so super excited for their first day of school.  I can't believe it's here already.  I ran into so many people I knew at back to school night.  My kids are going to school with the children of people I grew up with. There is probably a better way to write that sentence, but you get the gist.



Jense on his first day of school.  He was all ready to go five minutes after he got out of bed. 


Ellie's first day of school.  She changed her mind on her outfit 4 different times, and barely made it on time.  I love her punky brewster outfit.  I see one of these in my future!  for real. 


She managed to make it before the bell. 

I am loving their teachers! I think it is going to be a great year!  I always have a little debate in my mind every year about whether or not I should be home-schooling them.  This week I was more than ready for them to go back to school... maybe I'll allow myself the debate next year. :-)

When the kids got home I asked them how it went.  Jensen's reply: "Oh MOM! I loved it!"  Ellie's reply, "It was sooo good."  Hopefully their enthusiasm lasts.

Have a great year kiddos! STUDY HARD, GET SMART, and BRING HOME THE GOLD (another saying I had to endure listen to my dad say every day during my formal education years.  Now he is saying it to my kids... can I never escape?? ;-)  Love you dad.  

3 comments:

Carrie Hellewell said...

Roxie and Ellie have way too much in common. After one day of trying to get her dressed for school, I realized something needed to change or we'd never get to school on time. I went to Target and bought 5 rubbermaid shoe containers (they were super cheap) and wrote the days of the week on them and put them in her closet. Now, every sunday night we decide her outfits for the entire week. It's been glorious!!

Analisa-creator of hairblingzcutethings said...

your kids are so stinkin cute! i love ellie's outfit too....so cute kids show their own style so early. i find myself saying things my dad said too...glad they are enjoying school. lexi starts thursday..unless they decide to strike...love that day/week organizer thingy!

Shelley Eggett said...

How fun that your kids are going to school where you went to school. Who would have thought! Mimi, we need to get together soon.