Oct 12, 2011

The "Alfine Slide"


We were so lucky to have Grandma and Grandpa Conway drive ALL THE WAY from WA to come visit us and attend Jensen's Baptism.  This picture was just moments after they arrived.  Judging from Sammers and Mia we should have given them a warming up phase.  Sam has a pretty intense cry, and he will even stop breathing... then he passes out.  It's really bizarre.  I don't know why he does it. It's as if he doesn't know how to breathe in when he is crying.  It doesn't happen as often anymore, but they got to witness him passing out.  It scares me, I don't like it at all. 


Ah, that's better.  He just needed a little one on one with Grandma.  Sammers loves his police car.  Back in the day when Jense was Sammers age the car had a little radio that would announce, "intruder alert.. intruder alert."  I can still hear Jensen's little voice saying, "too doo lert... too doo lert."  Sorry Sam, most of the hand-me-down toys no longer work the same.


 Our first stop on the road to adventure was in Park City.  We took the kids to go down the Alpine Slide...which Jensen has fondly referred to it as the "Alfine slide" since we left.  Mia is such a little sweetie standing there with all the big boys.


Getting ready for adventure.  Ellie wanted to get inside of the coal cart behind her. 
She is one busy little senorita. Mia is gearing up for a funny face.


 This is what the Alpine slide looks like.  Loads of fun.  
Ellie and Eli took the ski lift up with Grandma and Grandpa. 


Jensen and Levi were pretty scared when they first got on the lift. Who isn't scared their first time getting on a ski lift?  I snuck a picture of them holding hands... so sweet!  They didn't say a thing for about a minute... Mia on the other hand kept saying, "all done!"  Once we reached the top she was all about being high in the air, and wanted to do it again.  Daddy held on tight to her the whole time.  I was preoccupied with keeping my shoes on.  One little wiggly and down they would go.


The only down side of the Alpine slide is lugging the awkward sleds down the path.  You have to drag your own, and with camera bag/purse and kids in tow... I was ready for another lift.  You can't see the worker dude... but as I snapped this picture he said, "AHEM, I am going to need everyone's attention in order to get started."  I shamefully let my camera slink down to where it could rest around my neck.  John thought it was pretty funny watching me get reprimanded by the Alpine Slide teenager.  Be forewarned... once you reach the top... ZIP IT! Well, not even that... I wasn't talking... NO PICTURES!


Jense is a HUGE fan of the "Alfine slide"  he has asked to go back over and over.  We will definitely be going back because I must do the zip line.  I haven't been to the Alfine slide in years and didn't know they even had zip line.  You ride the ski lift up and zip on down... it looks like a riot!  I can't wait. They also have something called the Alpine coaster that looked fun too.  
I'll have to look into that as well.  


Mia's middle name is slide, so it is no wonder that she was ecstatic about this one.  I can't wait to take her back and have her go down with ME.  Lately she has been calling slides, "down da heel."  It's adorable.  When we pass a park she will ask, "mom, go down da heel?" "peeeeeese!"


Ellie and Eli came down at pretty much the same time.  I think Ellie pulled the brake a few times and Eli caught up.  They loved it as well!  




Ciao Park City.  We had so much fun, and we'll see you soon for that zip line!  I can't wait.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh the classic breath holding spells....it's him trying to get you to give in to what he wants....some parents will too. But don't worry, he can't hurt himself doing that. Let him do it! He'll do it more if he knows it'll get his way.

Monica said...

The coaster is the best ride up there. Since the coaster is attached to the tracks you fly down the hill and the turns are really scary it feels like it is going to tip over - it's fantastic! I highly recommend it. It's best when you have two people ride together - the more weight the faster you go. So fun!