Nov 20, 2011

Remember These?


Since I have been home, I keep running into random stuff that I used to own.  My mom has been trying to get everyone to take their stuff.  This first picture is just cute.  Mia loves this shubu cake doll... and it smells delightful.  Strawberry Shortcake dolls have an extra yummy smell.   The blue bear is just kind of random and gets thrown around a lot, but she was loving it this day. One of my "treshures" that my mom kept around is....


My colorful caterpillar.  I loved this toy... I kept him on my bed lined up straight with my pillow.  When I saw it, I remembered which foot was barely hanging on by a thread.  I haven't played with this thing in years, but sure loved it for a lot of years.  I used to twist his antlers... and his name was Cool Colorful Caterpillar.  Original eh?


My other toy that was well loved was my Popple.  How are Popples not on the market right now?  It is the best toy a girl (and boy) could have.  A stuffed animal that turns into a ball AND you can keep your stuff in the pouch.... a must have!  To step the fun up a notch you can leave the tail out and use it as a wrecking ball or weapon.  I am thrilled that Mia and all the kids for that matter get to enjoy this gem of a toy.  Someone please, bring back the Popple! 

There are other "remember these" items in this house just waiting to be blogged about.  until then.

4 comments:

Mandie Hamrick said...

Oh my gosh, Popples!! My sister had one growing up and I never got one. I was so mad about it and still am. I agree they def need to come back.

Shelley Eggett said...

I'm really surprised they aren't on the market. Everything else we used to play with is being sold in stores. I'm reliving my childhood through my kdis. I want to buy them all my old favorite toys. The sad part is, is that they just don't get as excited about the things I loved as I am. It's weird they haven't brought those back, usually they market whatever Mom's our age played with when we were little so we will buy them for our kids. Smurfs, Strawberry Shortcake, Cabbage Patch etc...

Danielle said...

Oh yes, the popple. You had one, I did not. That didn't keep me from pretending it was mine.

Mimi said...

I can share. We will pass it onto Ava in a few years.