Dec 23, 2011

Boo visit


My little sister has the cutest little "squirrely" girl ever!  This is her first time meeting her Grampa.  She thought he was fine and dandy, but was fascinated with his reading glasses.  


While Ava was busy with her grandparents her mommy was busy giving Mia loves.  I do have to admit that it is extremely easy to love this little girl.  She is sweet and polite and full to the brim with adorable things to say. 


As usual Ellie wanted to keep Ava.  No one loves babies as much as my baby.  It's true!


Mia waiting patiently for a turn and got Ava giggling. 


I don't think that Mia has held another baby besides Sam.

I'm pretty sure she was enjoying herself. 



Ava, anytime you come to visit you are guaranteed non stop attention and a couple of girl cousins who want to keep you... for keeps. 


While we sat and visited, the kids needed their daily dose of rough housing.  Aunt Rae taught us this new fancy "circus trick."  We usually just hold them by their feet... but this is much more comfortable. 


Sammer Jam turns into crazy baby when he gets up in the air.  I can't hold him anymore because I am too afraid to drop him.  For some reason John is unaffected by his squirminess. 


I'll stick with the "sit and drive."  
My sister recently hurt her back... hopefully it wasn't all of the foolery that messed her up. 


Mia turned the front room into a racetrack. 


We learned the hard way that all fun and games comes to a screeching halt if one of the racers decides to run in the opposite direction.

I wish I had more time with my sis.  It stinks that they will probably always live out of state.  I guess I lived out of state... but now that I'm home I want everyone home :-)



LUCKILY- they flew back into town the week after.


 This time she brought along her husberdin. 


We had a lovely time visiting and ended up going on the train AGAIN with her family.  I'm glad we went because Mia got really into it this time and participated in singing songs into the microphone.   She went up probably three or four times to say "HO HO HO" loudly. 


Sammers is still terrified of Santa... although in this picture he looks intriqued.  When I told my mom to try and put him on Santa's lap he immediately started clawing his way back to Nana.



Jense asked Santa for a DS, and a remote control helicopter.  I think remote control helicopters have been on the list for three years running now.


Mia asked for "Christmas pesents" again.  So sweet.  Although the other night when the kids were playing in their sleeping bag Mia kept asking for a turn.  I asked her if she wanted a sleeping bag and she said, "yeah... sleeping bag Mia... a purple one."  You better believe that she'll be getting a purple sleeping bag come Christmas morning.  :-)


Ells wanted a furreal walking dog, and American girl doll clothes.  I think I might have already mentioned this in the last post I did about the north pole express... I rode the train three separate times so the experiences are running together in my mind.  

If you didn't go on the train this year... plan to go next year.  My kids loved it!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Buy the kid a helicopter already.