Feb 12, 2012

Cutest CHD face


"Once on a time" (Mia says that a lot) there was a little girl name Mia.
She had a CHD
Then she was given an angel heart
A little boy's heart named Jacob
We love him

She has to get her blood tested often
When we get in the car she often mistakes where we are headed for the lab
"go get an owie poke?" she asks
"not today."
"oh, okay... no owie poke mia?"
"nope."

On  the day that we do have to get an owie poke she talks about it like it is a treat.
" Mia turn? owie poke? right there?" (pointing to her arm)
"oooo sticker Mia?"
"Mia turn? Mia turn?"

As she sits in the chair she indicates to the lady where to draw her blood
She asks her if she is going to get a bow.
Once the draw begins Mia cries for a second then says, "oh, did ya get it?"
It makes me want to cry when she asks this.
She has probably heard me ask them if they found her vain... over and over again.  

Once they are all done she celebrates: "All DONE!"
Then with a big smile she loudly exclaims, "THANK YOU!"

I don't think she has ever had a blood draw that she didn't say thank you.
She is beyond gracious.

You can tell by the picture that she is all smiles even at the owie poke place.  
It makes me wonder if her personality would be any different without all of the "owie pokes."

CHD snippet #2

Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the United States each year as from all forms of childhood cancers combined, yet funding for pediatric cancer research is five times higher than funding for Congenital Heart Defects

3 comments:

Katie said...

love your sweet girl...she has touched my heart forever!!!

~Your angels momma~ said...

So so so precious... I have to be honest, I haven't been reading your blog as often as I use too. Every time I see her smile or see her laughing in a picture I think of Jacob and it makes me a little sad.. but then I think of her and I am so glad that she is doing so well.. I am so glad that I could help save another child's life.. But I do see a lot of Jacob in Mia.. In one of your pictures of the Waspettes she is being held by a blond haired girl and is reaching out to her face the same way Jacob did to me at one time.. She is so much like him and it's wonderful because he was a wonderful little boy and had lots of love to share just as Mia does...
This makes me proud to be an organ donor and proud that I made the choices that I made... I wouldn't give it up for anything and I cannot wait to finally meet you guys...
I live through Mia and watching her grow up is like watching Jacob grow up..

Mia I love you already and hope that when you have kids I can be a part of their lives as well and some day be apart of yours..

Brimaca said...

Just read her message above. Wow. I am always telling people about Mia and willing people to PLEASE be donors. Mia is so precious. It would have been so sad to loose both sweet Jacob and sweet Mia.