Apr 24, 2012

The Sweetest Gift


When we came home from St. George there was a box waiting for Mia to open.  
She was super excited. 


 Daddy helped her get it open.


She excitedly pulled out the tissue paper...

which was concealing a brilliantly colored afghan

She immediately scooped it up and gasped with excitement.

She held it tightly while making her usual happy cuddly noises.

I think she knew immediately why this blanket was extra special.

The note inside revealed why it is so special.

This beautiful handmade afghan was made by Mia's heart grandma.  She started making it for Jacob and could never quite finish it until now. She finished the blanket and gave it to Mia.  Sweet Jacob's precious heart keeps Mia alive every day- and now everyday that heart will be comforted by his Grandma's beautiful blanket.   This is so precious I almost don't have words to describe what a treasure it is.  This will be a keepsake for Mia her entire life.
 It is beautiful and I can't thank you enough.  It brings tears to my eyes often thinking of how much love we feel from you and how blessed we are to have been given such a precious gift and from such an incredible family.  I believe Mia was given the best donor family.  I am so humbled by this gift and how you finished Jacob's blanket to give to Mia.  It is too much for my heart.  I want you to know how much we love you and your daughter!  Thank you for saving my sweet baby girl- and thank you for continuing to love her.  Someday she will get to tell both of you "thank you" herself.  Until then, I hope you know how grateful we all are.
This afghan is beautiful!

7 comments:

Shelley Eggett said...

I have chills!

Anonymous said...

My gosh, I've never posted before but this made me cry. How incredibly generous of Jacob's grandma to finish this blanket for Mia. INCREDIBLE!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, totally crying :-) In a good way of course. Love and miss you guys. What an extra special gift for an extra special girl.
Lauri

Photographer: Rebecca Pierce said...

That is so amazing, the blanket could be the cutest thing I've ever seen and the most endearing. What a great post!

Anonymous said...

I'm bawling my eyes out! We never got a response from karlees donor family, it I hope and pray they know we love them very much! Ahhhhhh Mia is one beautiful girl! Love, Devon jenkins

Danielle said...

Stop it! I can't handle the sweetness. How wonderful is this gift?

Brimaca said...

I'm sobbing. Amazing.