Sep 19, 2012

First Day of School


School has begun.  CHA CHING!  I love when school starts!  I love the new outfits, the new pencil smell, the excitement of making new friends and keeping old ones.  I am a nut for school supplies.  I secretly wish I had my own desk with all my own school supplies that would be left undisturbed. 

 I love the anticipation my kids feel about all things school.  I almost forgot to snap a picture on the first day.  Not the best picture, but it's of the best kids.  One of those kids... we won't name names, but they have a really difficult time getting out of the door in the morning.  We are always rushed so this year we are going to try... really hard... to get to school on time.  How do you embrace the lolly gagger and get them out the door at the same time?  Bizarrely waking up earlier doesn't seem to help.  
Both kids really like their teachers... I think this is going to be a great year!


Mia didn't start until the following week, so we got out the fancy camera and took a better 1st day of school picture. 
She is hilarious!  I have so really excited faces I'll post soon. 
Mia is thrilled to be going back to preschool.  She loves all of her teachers and has learned so much. 
Is it a bad sign that for the first two show and tells she has taken her Minnie Mouse dolls? 

I think this girl is going to be in Heaven when we go to DisneyWorld.  Heaven!
We leave so soon. 
Aaahhh. I have so much to do before we go.  Sadly I have had a long time to prepared. 
Maybe the lolly gagging is genetic! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sad premonition...

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you.