Nov 24, 2012

My baby girl


A few days after the funeral I was presented with this beautiful painting of my baby girl.  It is so beautiful.  A friend of mine Eric Thompson  painted this incredible work of art.  Eric and Hillary, are the parents of a beautiful heart baby.  I have mentioned their daughter before on this blog.   When I first saw it I burst into tears.  He is a truly an inspired artist.  He doesn't usually paint portraits, but mastered this portrait of Mia.  I am amazed at his talent, and I think when he created this, he must have known what my heart needed.  I look at this often throughout my day and just sob.  I want to pull her right out of the painting and put her in my arms.  In life, some things just connect to your soul, this is one of those things.  This beautiful piece of artwork is on my wall, and is something I will be looking at daily for the rest of my life.  Thank you so much Eric for giving this to my family. I am so grateful for this gift... so so grateful!  



I have always loved this poem.  
She is a piece of me... a piece of my heart.  
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear;and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
                                                      
i fear no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)