My CHD baby girl. Wearing hearts! I remember taking these photos for Matthew.
It feels like yesterday, but at the same time feels like years ago.
When your child goes to heaven, time is constantly playing tricks on your mind.
She will always be a perfect CHD advocate even now when I can't put her in front of the camera.
I am still here, and I will tell her story.
- Congenital heart defects are America’s and every country’s #1 birth defect. Nearly one of every 100 babies is born with a CHD.
- Congenital heart defects are the #1 cause of birth defect related deaths.
- Congenital heart defects are the leading cause of all infant deaths in the United States.
- Each year approximately 40,000 babies are born in the United States with a congenital heart defect. Thousands of them will not reach their first birthday and thousands more die before they reach adulthood.
- Each year over 1,000,000 babies are born worldwide with a congenital heart defect. 100,000 of them will not live to see their first birthday and thousands more die before they reach adulthood
- More than 50% of all children born with congenital heart defect will require at least one invasive surgery in their lifetime.
- There are more than 40 different types of congenital heart defects. Little is known about the cause of most of them. There is no known prevention or cure for any of them.
- In the United States, twice as many children die from congenital heart defects each year than from all forms of childhood cancer combined, yet funding for pediatric cancer research is five times higher than funding for CHD.
To see one of the many CHD (info repeated) posts click HERE. Oh how I miss her. I just want her. Sooooo badly! That little dress... her little face. Can I time travel back to that day? Please!?!!!!
IHH (intermountain healing hearts) is the support group here in Utah for families of children or adults with a CHD. We have some great things planned this year including funding CHD research. As part of CHD week we are collecting new heart themed stuffed animals. If you want to donate any heart animals you can bring them to the 3rd floor of PCMC this Monday-Thursday 10-4. We will be using these animals to give to the children who are staying in the hospital and the newly diagnosed CHD children. We also give rainbow cafe gift cards to these families, and those donations are also wonderful. If you know a heart family that is not a part of IHH please direct them HERE. We just launched the page and feel free to like the page to stay informed on events and to get registration info for the 5K and healing heart walk. It really is an incredible foundation!
I thought these cookies were the perfect place for a CHD heart post. My friend Amanda dropped these off on our door step along with a heart for the cemetery.
Sammers got right to work sorting through the cookies. He kept a steady flow headed my direction and kept trying to feed them to Aunt Nats. All of the cookies were uniquely decorated and so cute!
This was full of cookies... so yummy!
I love that it says deliver love.
He probably ate five cookies... which still wasn't more than I ate.
Just because I cannot get enough of his face... here's a few more of "THE BOY!"
I still have so many love deliveries coming my way. Thank you. I hope to deliver love to many CHD families in the coming years. Mia's earth life tragically ended and any help I can be so this doesn't happen to other families will be a lifelong mission.
If you know a family who has a child with a CHD, give them a big hug and tell them it's from me!