Mar 4, 2013

Goal for 2013



Ells brought this home a few weeks ago, and I had to laugh.  

My ENTIRE life my dad has always encouraged his daughters to, "study hard, get smart, and bring home the gold."  I remember hearing it at least once a day.  Now, I get to hear him say it to my kids.  Only now, he asks the question, "what are you going to do at school?"  to which they must reply, "study hard, get smart and bring home the gold."  

She left off the gold part, but her response to reach her goal... 
to study hard and get smart cracks me up! 
I'm impressed she has the goal to write in cursive.  Luckily she has a nana who is a cursive expert and is willing to teach her.  I should probably learn too. :-)  

My goal for 2013 is to keep breathing and try to keep my children's lives as happy as possible.