Aug 25, 2013

Heart Walk 2013

I Still haven't blogged about last years heart walk... that is how far behind I am. 

I just wanted to make sure that everyone who wants to attend this knows about it.  

Sadly this year we will be participating in the angel ceremony.  

It it heart breaking.  

I remembering crying under my sunglasses last year just feeling overwhelming gratitude that we were sitting on the hill with our little heart girlie. 

I truly felt like we would always be on that hill.  

I miss her so much.  Somedays it feels like she was just here... others feel like I have been in agony needing her my entire life.  Sometimes the pain of her absence is so great I forget that I once knew a life without pain.  I strain to get back to that place often because that is where she is.  A beautiful life... with all of my children.  

My awareness of beauty has drizzled back into my life, but the pain accompanies me every where I go.  There truly is no long lasting escape.  I feel free from sadness here and there, but despair is always within reach.  

I am working... working on balancing the scales.  Please believe me when I say that I don't want to be more sad than happy.  I don't.  I need to chip away at the grief and start living for Mia.  It's just such a lofty idea and most days it is just easier to wallow in misery reminding myself that I don't get to have her here.  I am a work in progress.  
I know that sadness will always be a part of me, but it doesn't have to consume me.  


Back to the heart walk- 


If you would like to attend the heart walk (and I would love for you to come)
You can register HERE. Pre registration ends soon.  

I am going to try and do something special for all the Mia fans who attend. 

There is a breakfast and auction as well.

See you there!