Oct 5, 2013

Love for Mia



Oct 5th marks the day that the neurologist told us the dreaded phrase
"She's not there." 

It is the sentence that has pierced my soul repeatedly and tormented me every day this past year.  
I still struggle daily with the fact that her heart recovered yet the brain damage is what ultimately kept our baby girl from coming home with us.  One year ago my heart was ripped from my chest.  

I've been thinking for awhile about a way to celebrate Mia... to celebrate her life.
I want so desperately for her to still play an active roll in my life. 

When people ask me what they can do for me I rarely have an answer for them. 
Now I have an answer.  

I have decided I want to try and serve others in Mia's name. 
I believe that the best way to alleviate sorrow in my life is to help others.

I don't have any grandiose plans (yet) I just want to do simple things for others with Mia as my motivation.
On October 8th the day Mia went to Heaven I invite you all to do something for someone else in Mia's name.  To celebrate her life and keep her memory alive. 

I have recently started uploading photos to instagram.  
If you would like to tag me in your love for Mia service, please do. 

@mimimcdonald
#love4mia

It doesn't have to be something big, and if you don't want to take a picture that is fine too... but just doing something for someone else in Mia's name would be a beautiful way to remember my little girl.  She left this earth far too early and I'm devastated that she won't be here to change the lives I knew she would have.  My hope is that in some way she still can and in small and simple ways those that love her will be able to celebrate her as often as they would like.  

Love for Mia-  Oct 8th 2013